The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 am

Events

International Meet in Switzerland 2018

Post advance news of events you will be attending

by felixkk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm

I don‘t have the most current list, but approx 14 are coming from the UK. My Saxony beer was gone within less than a week. One of my two sixpacks went to the nice local who helped Andi „fix“ the manifold in the C-V8 on the way to Dresden on Sunday.
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Joerg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 pm

I still have some 6-packs left (just in case anyone want´s to refuel 8) )
6 V8 and a straight 6
User avatar
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: Germany

by felixkk » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Joerg wrote:I still have some 6-packs left (just in case anyone want´s to refuel 8) )

Best to keep one sixpack in the trunk, in case you need help from a stranger. That was good beer, surprised there is still so much left.
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Jens » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:13 pm

felixkk wrote:
Joerg wrote:I still have some 6-packs left (just in case anyone want´s to refuel 8) )

Best to keep one sixpack in the trunk, in case you need help from a stranger. That was good beer, surprised there is still so much left.


We made 2.000 bottles and you just simply didn‘t buy enough.

So Jörg and myself drank a lot and still have a few bottles left for our own pleasure.

But they‘ll be gone soon ... 8)
In order of appearance:

C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
FF MkII 127/243
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Jensen GT 1610/30257
C-V8 Mk III 112/2326
User avatar
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

by colin7673 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Jens wrote:
felixkk wrote:
Joerg wrote:I still have some 6-packs left (just in case anyone want´s to refuel 8) )

Best to keep one sixpack in the trunk, in case you need help from a stranger. That was good beer, surprised there is still so much left.


We made 2.000 bottles and you just simply didn‘t buy enough.

So Jörg and myself drank a lot and still have a few bottles left for our own pleasure.

But they‘ll be gone soon ... 8)



Save some and take to the Swiss trip, i'll buy then from you. :P :lol: :lol:
Only working half a day now.
Classic Carshow App.

Wondering what for?
colin7673
now normal...
 
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:54 am
Location: Spalding Lincolnshire

by felixkk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 pm

We have borders, we have border control, we have import taxes! Not sure what the taxes are for import into the EU, I rarely take much alcohol with me when I leave the country. One time I returned from Germany the border patrol asked me if and what I had done on the C-V8 while in Germany (repairs etc are of course taxable). And they will ask the driver, and possible also the passenger. And if you get caught, both get fined- happened to friends returning from Italy with about 200l of olive oil. Or they will just stop the car because they‘re interested and want to chat. But I think Jens looks respectable enough and won‘t get stopped :D
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Steve Payne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:49 pm

felixkk wrote: I think Jens looks respectable enough and won‘t get stopped :D


I must borrow your glasses. I hope the border glasses see him the same way you do. :lol:

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
User avatar
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Witney , Oxfordshire

by felixkk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Steve Payne wrote:
felixkk wrote: I think Jens looks respectable enough and won‘t get stopped :D


I must borrow your glasses. I hope the border glasses see him the same way you do. :lol:

Steve

:D If I were them, I‘d stop someone like me- and then I‘m always slightly offended when they do stop me :?
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Chris_R » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 pm

felixkk wrote:We have borders, we have border control, we have import taxes! Not sure what the taxes are for import into the EU, I rarely take much alcohol with me when I leave the country. One time I returned from Germany the border patrol asked me if and what I had done on the C-V8 while in Germany (repairs etc are of course taxable). And they will ask the driver, and possible also the passenger. And if you get caught, both get fined- happened to friends returning from Italy with about 200l of olive oil. Or they will just stop the car because they‘re interested and want to chat. But I think Jens looks respectable enough and won‘t get stopped :D

Which reminds me of our Turin trip in 2016. Bill and Shaun were the first to arrive at the Swiss border and the border control went through all the documents for Bill's car and asked questions. Shaun told them there would be some more of these cars coming along the same way and no sooner were the words out of his mouth than a cacophony of Interceptor exhausts split the air as a whole group came down the road to the border. That many Interceptors all arriving at the same time will certainly have never happened before!
Myself & Vivienne, Zac & Polly and Simon & Alison, so 3 more Interceptors with the Range Rover came along much later as we'd had to deal with the Range Rover front tyre blowout which delayed us. We stopped, went into the booth to buy the Motorway Vignette and as we came out several border guards also came out and we thought we were in for the third degree but no, they simply held up other traffic for us and waved the 4 cars through celebrity style! :lol: :D 8)
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Chris_R
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 am
Location: South West London

by felixkk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:54 am

Oberalppass today. From the Grimselpass, the Oberalp is over the Furkapass to Andermatt, not far. One of the earlier passes to open in the spring (most are still closed), and still very wintery. Wasn‘t expecting rain, I just cleaned the car an hour before :roll:
07813711-DD13-41F4-8E6D-3B6FA99FE6D1.jpeg
07813711-DD13-41F4-8E6D-3B6FA99FE6D1.jpeg (105.02 KiB) Viewed 300 times
CE3047A8-9D8D-42FE-BEB2-9FD56439DDFC.jpeg
CE3047A8-9D8D-42FE-BEB2-9FD56439DDFC.jpeg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 300 times

457C57AB-974F-4CD7-8067-21A5171B6FE7.jpeg
457C57AB-974F-4CD7-8067-21A5171B6FE7.jpeg (204.5 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by felixkk » Sat May 05, 2018 10:00 am

Brewing the Old Speckled Hen for our International today at Andi‘s garage
03BCD340-45F1-4EFF-B6D2-947706D2D5D8.jpeg
03BCD340-45F1-4EFF-B6D2-947706D2D5D8.jpeg (231.23 KiB) Viewed 255 times

0ADEB5EE-6E0D-403A-9CB7-84FBA462C308.jpeg
0ADEB5EE-6E0D-403A-9CB7-84FBA462C308.jpeg (168.39 KiB) Viewed 255 times

931C9FA8-65F5-4DF8-A0C7-10AE715C911F.jpeg
931C9FA8-65F5-4DF8-A0C7-10AE715C911F.jpeg (217.51 KiB) Viewed 255 times

76900F0A-C84C-48FE-BCAA-67B0EB878E10.jpeg
76900F0A-C84C-48FE-BCAA-67B0EB878E10.jpeg (202.97 KiB) Viewed 255 times

27360BEF-8F43-4D67-A84F-BAEF8EC169A5.jpeg
27360BEF-8F43-4D67-A84F-BAEF8EC169A5.jpeg (165.25 KiB) Viewed 255 times

8CFFCF7E-92F2-4B1C-ADA4-2CF49097E356.jpeg
8CFFCF7E-92F2-4B1C-ADA4-2CF49097E356.jpeg (219.71 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Jens » Sat May 05, 2018 3:17 pm

:shock: I am not really sure if I am willing to drink this ...
In order of appearance:

C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
FF MkII 127/243
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Jensen GT 1610/30257
C-V8 Mk III 112/2326
User avatar
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

by felixkk » Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

No worries Jens- Martin does about 5 batches per year (3000l), we got to sample plenty of his previous batches today:
375EBE44-7745-41A1-89A3-661CFD21E316.jpeg
375EBE44-7745-41A1-89A3-661CFD21E316.jpeg (144.28 KiB) Viewed 247 times


MC Braumeister Martin supervising the process.
775DE30B-C924-4220-8BBC-77D044395D29.jpeg
775DE30B-C924-4220-8BBC-77D044395D29.jpeg (179.75 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
User avatar
felixkk
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by Martin K » Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Jens wrote::shock: I am not really sure if I am willing to drink this ...

I'll have yours so Jens!
I like the look of the heavy duty (= lots of alcohol) bottles :D
Martin Kennedy

1969 FF Mk1 119/098
1970 Lotus Elan S4 DHC
JOC Member 10029
User avatar
Martin K
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 pm
Location: Dublin

by Toby » Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am

Should anybody wish to travel in company from the UK i am staying in Folkstone overnight Wednesday 3rd Oct and taking an early Shuttle, probably the 7:20am or earlier if i can get my head off the pillow, I then intend using the toll roads to Mulhouse. On the return journey Monday 8th Oct i have booked a hotel in St Omer that night for an early shuttle the next day
Interceptor III
Toby
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Events