Cowdray Park British Sports Car Gala 7th May

Post advance news of events you will be attending
david wright

Cowdray Park British Sports Car Gala 7th May

Post by david wright »

This is the first event at Cowdray Park near Midhurst in West Sussex, and is to feature British Cars and sports cars, all parked up in Marque groups. Organisers say that club stands with flags are welcome, so anyone can just book in. Either sign up for the run over the Downs first, or just roll up for 12.00 on the day. Lots of attractions - see their website -
http://www.cowdray.co.uk/events/british ... car-event/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come and join South Downs area there!
David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
ChrisG

Re: Cowdray Park British Sports Car Gala 7th May

Post by ChrisG »

Does Viscount Cowdray, Michael Pearson, need a new roof or something? £25 to exhibit our cars seems a bit rich to me - he needs to understand our cars and his house are what will pull in paying customers.
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London
Michael Richardson

Re: Cowdray Park British Sports Car Gala 7th May

Post by Michael Richardson »

Chris, As I read it,general public will pay £10 each,all kids go free. I assume that the car owners,who have a morning run organised,will park up as the exhibits,so assuming two in each sportscar,their tenner is covered,and they pay a fiver for the morning entertainment (Chichester branch of MG club organising) Seems reasonable. Will be interesting to see if this event catches on. No doubt The Hon.Michael is a bit in awe of his friend ,Lord March,just down the road,However,unlike the Goodwood estate,which has always struggled in the past,the Cowdray family are seriously wealthy,so the roof on the house will not be a problem. !

Return to “Events”