International Weekend 2017 - Save the date

Post advance news of events you will be attending
interjen

Re: International Weekend 2017 - Save the date

Post by interjen »

Dear all, while we applaud the club for finally veering away from Hayley, WHY oh WHY is it at the expense of families again? you want to look to embrace families and then you choose a venue where there are no family rooms or previsions for taking more than one child. Unfortunately now we won't be able to attend and really and truthfully, if we can't join in on the one weekend of the Jensen calendar, what is there really for our membership at all?
A very disappointed multi Jensen owner. I only hope that our children will have any interest left to one day take over from us...
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Talk to Stuart, the hotel are putting an extra bed in the room for Luke at no cost.

They don't have family rooms with a double and two singles but they are trying to help. The rooms are a lot cheaper than the Hayley so may not be that much more expensive to take two rooms.

I have updated the details on the website but am waiting for Stuart to OK them, I will suggest adding something to say contact him for extra beds etc.

Luke would be there would be good if your boys (and girls) were as well.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
interjen

Post by interjen »

Hi Zac, have spoken to Stuart and also direct with the hotel. Unfortunately Zac we come as a minimum number of 2 adults, 2 children, the hotel have said the one camp bed is unsuitable for 2 10 year olds and to either take two rooms another £295? or stay somewhere else, neither of these options are any good to us, we would want to be part of it hence stay on site and i'm afraid £500 plus for a two night stay in Derby is just not going to happen. We were looking forward to this, and so were the children. We really feel that our membership is not important to the club as a young family, we may as well ask for a refund for our membership this year.
Simon.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I will talk to Stuart about this at the committee meeting on Sunday.
interjen wrote:Hi Zac, have spoken to Stuart and also direct with the hotel. Unfortunately Zac we come as a minimum number of 2 adults, 2 children, the hotel have said the one camp bed is unsuitable for 2 10 year olds and to either take two rooms another £295? or stay somewhere else, neither of these options are any good to us, we would want to be part of it hence stay on site and i'm afraid £500 plus for a two night stay in Derby is just not going to happen. We were looking forward to this, and so were the children. We really feel that our membership is not important to the club as a young family, we may as well ask for a refund for our membership this year.
Simon.
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Booking form is now on-line as part of the events diary.

https://www.joc.org.uk/events/international
JOC Member No. 5061
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

zacmarshall wrote:
On the Sunday there will be a concours and for those that prefer to drive their cars (Mr Rivron) there will be a Show and Shine. Benchmarking will also be available.
What are you saying?

I might pop up then run back down to the Bristol show on sunday.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Peter Heywood

Post by Peter Heywood »

I know we have left it late. Is there still rooms in the main hotel available?
Peter
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

YES!

As I write there are at least two rooms left so I would advise anyone thinking about joining us to act now. I hope that booking the whole establishment will avoid the "issues" we have had when sharing; the downside is that when the rooms are gone we can’t go back and ask for another allocation.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Stuart
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Update

I now have full hotel though some cheques are "in the post" as I write. If anyone wishes to attend please email (international@joc.org.uk) or phone 07712 767533. Availability will depend on a cancellation however, otherwise there are nearby hotels.

Stuart
International Weekend Organiser
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well

Return to “Events”