Margam Park Car Show

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Richie
V8 Lover

Margam Park Car Show

Post by Richie »

Margam Park, 20th September 2015
As we know, the hugely successful Tredegar House show held every September for 32 years is sadly no more. This was organised by a few dedicated local individuals who, after 32 years of this mammoth task, having raised well over £1m for leukaemia research decided to take a well-earned break.
Thankfully, within the ranks of the Leukaemia and Lymphoma charity, other volunteers have been found to organise a classic car show, not at Tredegar House but in the grounds of another beautiful stately home at Margam Park. Like its Tredegar House inspiration, Margam Park is easy to find, just off junction 38 of the M4 motorway, near Port Talbot. For those travelling from ‘over the border’, this may seem a lot further away than Tredegar House; it is however a mere 30 more minutes along the motorway…probably less in a mile munching Jensen. The 850 acre site, complete with the fantastic manor house, Cistercian abbey and the UK’s largest orangery no less, will make for a spectacular venue for a classic car show.
Following in the footsteps of Tredegar House must be a daunting task for the organisers and I feel it would be a great opportunity for the JOC to help give this very worthwhile cause the best of starts.
Before 1 July 2015 there is a £3.00 administration fee to enter your car as an exhibit. Entries received after 1 July 2015 will be charged £10.00 in addition to the admin fee. Subject to available space, on the day entry will be more.
Entry is done ‘on line’ at

https://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.u ... c-car-show

To ensure that we’re grouped together, don’t forget to state on your entry that you’re part of the Jensen Owners Club and please just drop me a line too to let me know that you’re coming along to what I hope will be a very successful show for both the JOC and the organisers.

Return to “Events”