Families Day - Highnam Court - Saturday 16th August 2014

Post advance news of events you will be attending
zacmarshall

Families Day - Highnam Court - Saturday 16th August 2014

Post by zacmarshall »

I thought this had already been posted by Terry but can't find it now... may have been an email....

John Slade organises the classic cars for the Families Day at Highnam Court, near Gloucester.

Wessex area attended this a couple of years ago and it is a wonderful venue for a car show. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as my GT is off the road and the FF is still a couple of weeks off.

Please contact John if you can bring a classic/interesting vehicle along to display at the Families Day, Highnam Court on Saturday 16th August 2014 - 2:00 to 7:00pm.

Vehicle drivers and passengers attending will have free admission and strawberries and cream and a glass of bubbly. You can arrive at 13:30pm then leave the event whenever you want.

For those who have not been to Highnam Court, it is worth going just to see the magnificent gardens although there will be much more on offer on the day including an orchestra, opera singer, food and bar – see attached flyer.

For those unable to bring a classic vehicle please let me know if you would like to purchase come tickets.

See http://www.highnamcourt.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Join the Provincial Executive and the Festival Team for a relaxing afternoon in the stunning gardens of Highnam Court. Enjoy strawberries and cream with a glass of bubbly between strolling through the gardens, enjoying a family picnic in sumptuous surroundings with fine musical entertainment and of course visiting the bar. Highnam Court (just 2 miles west of Gloucester) is a Grade I listed mansion built in 1658 and surrounded by fine landscaped gardens, including four lakes, rockeries, a fernery, knot garden, a one acre rose garden and fine lawns. It was once the home of Sir Hubert Parry, the composer of “Jerusalem” and the present owner has restored the Victorian gardens and increased their size to 40 acres.

John's email is j.slade@talktalk.net
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Events”