JOC Open Day

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Martin R

Re: JOC Open Day

Post by Martin R »

John Staddon wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:12 pm There was an A5 flyer giving details issued with the latest club magazine and it is in the Events Diary on the website.

John
Yes indeed and added to my diary as soon as it arrived 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Following the latest Government announcement regarding postponing of stage 4 of the lockdown restrictions I have contacted the Space Museum to ascertain the effect on our booking.
This is the response
At Step 3:
• business events such as conferences, trade shows, exhibitions, private dining events such as charity or gala dinners and awards ceremonies, and corporate hospitality are permitted
• capacity restrictions must be adhered to at any point throughout the event.
• caps refer to the event attendees only. Staff, workers and volunteers are covered by the work exemption so should not be counted as part of the capacity cap. This includes: contractors, administrators, delivery staff, operational team (such as reception, maintenance, cleaning security & stewarding and ticketing staff), caterers and concession stand staff, presentation/production team, exhibitors, speakers, musicians and performers

Under the restrictions in place, this would mean social distancing will apply, face masks worn at all times and any eating/drinking will need to be seated.

The Shuttle Suite (our dedicated meeting space) can seat up to 100 theatre style or 55 cabaret style maximum, socially distanced, i.e. 1m with face masks worn.
Can I ask for views please if we should go ahead with this meeting on 17th July under these restrictions or should I look to postpone again to another date?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

My vote would be to continue.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Is it worth seeing if the museum could delay it a week or so - that then puts it after the revised date of 19th July.

I suppose the alternative would be for someone to get married :-)

regards

Zac
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I think it should be delayed until we know for sure what happening
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

zacmarshall wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:24 pm I suppose the alternative would be for someone to get married :-)
I notice there is also an exception for musician attendees.

070604_guitarplayers_hmed_6p-19037625.jpg
070604_guitarplayers_hmed_6p-19037625.jpg (156.8 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I should have added that the Space Centre have offered us the choice to defer to a later date at no additional cost but they have said it must be within this calendar year. Of course any later date would have to fit in with any other bookings they may have (and they do do weddings).
Chris
JOC Member 6116
shaun

Post by shaun »

I think under the current circumstances a postponement would be a sensible course of action.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

Really? C’mon everyone, we will be free within two days of the Open Day. Or there will be a Revolution this time round if they try to keep us in lockdown.......

I went to the Bicester Scramble two weeks ago, and it was brilliant - lots of cars and people all enjoying themselves. The drive to the venue was good too; lots of folk giving their cars “some exercise”......... But it was really good to see everyone and all the cars (there were a huge amount there such that tickets were all sold out).

Or mebbe just give in now with the Open Day and close the JOC while we’re still ahead and making a “profit”???

Cheers,

Paul.
DPP

Post by DPP »

I was planning to go but if face masks need to be worn at all times then this would not make it enjoyable for me and I would not attend.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Maybe we could have an open day at a stately home, with event shelters outside - that way people wouldn't have to wear masks.

We had a concours at Ragley Hall one year which if I remember was the best attended concours for years.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Paul, Yes we will be free within 2 days of the Open day. But until then the restrictions will be quite strict. Face masks everywhere inside. Only eating or drinking sitting down, no mingling inside with other members, you can only have a group of up to 6 or members of 2 households together and they would have to be fixed, you could not form and reform different groupings. Everyone will have to sit 1m apart inside. It won't be so enjoyable.
The reason we went for the date we did is that it was 4 weeks later than the expected June 21st full relaxation and figured it would allow for some extension to the relaxation date.

The museum can offer us alternative days on either 14th August or 21st August. The 14th August would clash with the Ace Cafe JOC event but I'm not aware of anything else on 21st August.
I will need to confirm the decision on Monday or Tuesday at the latest next week. So far, the opinion seems to be to defer for a few weeks.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

No worries - but we could all have gathered/walked around in the special car park for us (and no need to wear masks)......
Just would need decent weather......
Grant

Post by Grant »

It's compulsory to wear face mask's here in Spain at the moment apart from on the beach..but as from next week they are saying that the rule will change and you won't need them anymoreImage..how does any of this make any sense..good though as I can't bear them, I do ignore the rule unless I am inside with others and I don't feel they do too much good anyway,..but if they are so important this week, why not next week?..the whole thing is all just madnessImage..Well that's my view anywayImage..We've all been Vaccinated so what's it all mean for god's sake..silly rules that don't make sense, you can't have a wedding with more than 30, but the otherday I saw an outside a pub tent full of about 50 football fans lagging out of their heads all falling over eachotherImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

It is like these people who are ''exempt from waring face masks''. The virus must be very clever to know that it cant touch these people. The other day I was in Sainsburys and there was a family who were all exempt, how odd :shock: .

I am with you Grant, to me the face masks are one of the worst parts of this and as soon as we dont have to ware I wont be. I do wonder if you walked into a room how much they do filter?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer

Return to “Events”