ARGYLL FESTIVAL of PERFORMANCE

Post advance news of events you will be attending
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Just some prior notice of what will be a memorable event, hopefully the first of many. I know I have put some days off. Any chance we can get some more Jensen's there?

2nd & 3rd JUNE 2018
INVERARAY CASTLE, ARGYLL

The Inaugural Argyll Festival of Performance takes place at the stunning Inveraray Castle, Argyll on the 2nd and 3rd June 2018.
His Grace The Duke of Argyll is patron of the festival.
The theme for 2018 is “Scots in Formula One” and a number of significant/historic vehicles will be demonstrated within the castle grounds.
There will also be an auction of classic vehicles and memorabilia, a concours de elegance event, festival lifestyle village displaying prestige car marques, plus over 200 of the finest classic cars available on show.

Tickets for this unique festival go on sale in early November.
For all current information please visit the website http://www.argyllfestivalofperformance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or visit the Facebook page and “like” http://www.facebook/argyllfestivalofperformance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kevin
KevinB

Re: ARGYLL FESTIVAL of PERFORMANCE

Post by KevinB »

Just an update

http://www.argyllfestivalofperformance. ... 4593998585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The JOC is now an invited club along with around 20 other clubs. We have been asked to exhibit up to eight cars. There is no fee to the club as with some events. Also each exhibitor will get two entrance tickets for 2 days worth £160.00.

Just let me know if you are interested.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
shaun

Post by shaun »

Kevin,
I'm up for it. May need a co-pilot.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

shaun wrote:Kevin,
I'm up for it. May need a co-pilot.
I might have to hold you to that Shaun.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

The organisers have changed the timings of the event slightly to help with the journey to and from the venue.

The text is copied directly from their e-mail.

"I am pleased to be able to inform you of a change to our plans for participating car clubs at Argyll Festival of Performance this June.

Due to works currently taking place on an extension to the castle car park, plus the opening up of the paddock area at its rear, we are now able to relocate car clubs from the shinty pitch to this new area.
This removes the potential problem of car club cars damaging the shinty pitch and also allows us to be able to modify the traffic flow and arrival times at Inveraray Castle.
Your club will now be allocated a space in the new paddock to the rear of the festival village. Due to the improved infrastructure, this means that we can also be more flexible with your members and delivery times of their cars.

The following timings will now apply for 2nd & 3rd June 2018.
Saturday 2nd June
08.00 to 09.00 Car club cars delivered to club stand. All cars must be on your stand by 09.00
18.00 Car club cars depart Inveraray Castle. All cars must remain on stand until 18.00

Sunday 3rd June
08.00 to 09.00 Car club cars delivered to club stand. All cars must be on your stand by 09.00
17.30 Car club cars depart Inveraray Castle. All cars must remain on stand until 17.30

Full details regarding the location of your stand and how your members enter/exit the castle grounds will be sent to you in May.
I trust that you will view these changes as being positive and that this will now make it easier for your club and members to put on a high quality display.

Whilst writing, can I also remind you that the car club discounted ticket offer ends on 31/1/2018.
Tickets can be purchased via the link below and your unique club discount code is CCJE18 I would be grateful if you could circulate this information to your members."
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

A copy of the text from an e-mail from the organisers yesterday.

"Hi all. It pains me greatly to have to make the following announcement.

Festival organisers Argyll Motor Club (Ecosse) Ltd, regrets to announce that the Argyll Festival of Performance scheduled for 2-3 June 2018, has been cancelled.

A number of factors have now combined which make it unachievable to deliver the festival to the standard and format we had planned and as a result, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel the event.

We would like to thank all those who have shown their support for the festival and to apologise for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause.

Regards & best wishes

Neil Munn"
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.

Return to “Events”