Original registration

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
mch

Original registration

Post by mch »

My Interceptor is pleased to be wearing it's original licence plate for the first time in 30 years :D
IMG_20200710_150211342_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200710_150211342_HDR.jpg (332.97 KiB) Viewed 5486 times
Martin R

Re: Original registration

Post by Martin R »

Well done - it's a nice registration number too 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Little things can be so important.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Gav

Post by Gav »

Hi there, I am really keen to get back my original registration number as I feel it is one of the most important parts of its history, it’s birthday badge! I have checked with DVLA and my original registration still exists on the DVLA data base and is available. However I have looked into how to get it back and it seems to be a minefield. I have had discussions with a number of people, some of whom are JOC members and they all are indicating it’s highly unlikely that I will be able to get the original registration back.
How did you manage to go about securing yours and what documentation did you have to present to get your original registration back?
Best regards, Gavin.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

The JOC provides a service to members to get original registration numbers re-assigned. It's a V765 application, the car must be in a complete condition, there must be original documentation connecting the original registration number to the car, the car must be inspected by the club and the application approved by the club. The club's General Secretary can approve V765 applications to the DVLA.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Gav

Post by Gav »

Thanks Chris and also thanks for the PM Steve. My big problem is not having an original document that has the chassis number and registration number on. I got a copy of all the records held at Robeys and everything in it refers to the chassis number but not the reg number. If I look in the Richard Calver bible against the chassis number, the original reg is there and that’s where I have got it from, but I don’t have anything else to back it up. When I checked with DVLA they said that on a car of this age (1971) they don’t have historic records of registration changes past the early 80s when their records all went electronic. I am at a bit of a loss to know how to take it forward from there.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Unfortunately if there is no document linking the registration and chassis number the DVLA will not assign the registration.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Chris_R wrote:Unfortunately if there is no document linking the registration and chassis number the DVLA will not assign the registration.
Chris, do you think the factory records from Robeys be good enough?
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Certain records can be but the record must link the chassis number and the registration number that is being sought. One member succeeded with a copy of the original guarantee card, we had both sides copied including the Post Office franking stamp showing date of postage on one side and the dealer stamp with all the car details filled in on the other side. Coupled with the fact that the date on the guarantee card filled in by the dealer matched the DVLA records for date for first registration, the DVLA accepted this document as suitable evidence.
Chris
JOC Member 6116

Return to “Members' Cars”