HEA4K.

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
felixkk

Re: HEA4K.

Post by felixkk »

:D I'd think a J-H would be very difficult to keep up with, with any of our V8s- on alpine roads that is. We have one member who has prepared one especially for hillclimbs, but I haven't driven out with him yet. Autobahn is of course an other matter.
1361269d-0664-4ce8-9f55-9dc073a436d9-original.jpg
1361269d-0664-4ce8-9f55-9dc073a436d9-original.jpg (129.91 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

Well it's getting out and about, better in the lanes I recon.
Attachments
IMG_2418.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG (192.29 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2416.JPG (190.59 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

felixkk wrote::D I'd think a J-H would be very difficult to keep up with, with any of our V8s- on alpine roads that is
Trevithick wrote:better in the lanes I recon.
I can vouch for that. After the Cornwall weekend in St Ives a couple of years back (excellently organised I might add by John Pym) after leaving Trebah Gardens where Donald Healey lived a few of us headed up to Bude to spend a night there before going home. Tony left before I did and I eventually caught him up somewhere around Camelford on the A39. Try as I might in the Interceptor I could not overtake and in fact sometimes I had the devil's own job just to keep up. The Healey was much more sprightly into, through and out of the bends. I would catch up on the straight sections but had to slow down more for the bends. Tony of course knew I was behind him and was using the capabilities of his car to keep me there :D . Both of us throughly enjoyed our drive up through north Cornwall that evening on the twisting, single carriageway A39.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I had an eighties Peugeot hatchback chase me up the mountain- I'd loose him on the straights but after every hairneedle curve he was back again.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Hi all.Thanks Felix for posting the Jh pictures .Very interesting .Does any one know any thing about the 907 engine shown on page 10 .With fuel injection ....Never seen a lotus 907 that early with I think injection .Cant read what it says on the cam covers .One picture also shows the twin tail pipe set up discussed by Kees recently .....Great thread ... :D Mike
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

That looks more like an air pump system into the exhaust manifold to me. US spec GT 907 engines certainly had an air pump, for emissions reasons. Hard to imagine that air pump header rail fitting into the engine bay though. Maybe the picture shows an early experimental configuration used during emissions testing?
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

ok Thanks Nigel .Dont know if the Jh cars .used the cast manifold .As used on the lotus cars with the 907 .cant read what it says on the cam covers .Thanks Mike
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Ok :shock: .all.It does say Jensen Healey on the cam covers .Great pictures of the Jh .Thhanks again for posting them .pictures like this .Are all most as rare as the Jh ....Mike
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

Hi Mike, there is certainly a cast iron exhaust manifold (looking like the one in the photo) in the GT parts book, as well as the more usual tubular part. Perhaps the cast part was used with the later T75 engine?
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
kees

Post by kees »

Lotus Mike wrote:Hi all.Thanks Felix for posting the Jh pictures .Very interesting .Does any one know any thing about the 907 engine shown on page 10 .With fuel injection ....Never seen a lotus 907 that early with I think injection .Cant read what it says on the cam covers .One picture also shows the twin tail pipe set up discussed by Kees recently .....Great thread ... :D Mike
Thanks Mike to point out the pictures to me. I had not opened the link yet.
Wonderful material Felix!

There are more differences visible in these pictures with the later cars:
-Oil filler on inlet cam cover (as on later MkII engines) with crankcase ventilation and another hose to the cover (function??)
-Different air filter box with longer inlet pipes (Lotus Cortina/Rover?)
-No oil cooler
-Overflow bottle in front of radiator panel
-No oil separator on bulkhead
-fully carpeted
-other position of clock
-Blaupunkt, possibly Grundig, VEB, ITT/Schaub-Lorenz or Hitachi AM/FM car radio, they all look very similar

The injection set up looks weird on the exhaust side. Some sort of a direct injection system?
Injection was already envisaged looking at the Dell'Orto manifold where chunks of metal were provided on the casting to fit the injectors. Injection may have been fitted to the Lotus head on the race developed 904/LV220 engine with the Vauxhall slant 4 cast iron block delivering 220BHP at 8000rpm.

Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Hi all .i think the lotus 62 used injection .Teclamit .Might of spelt that wrong ..I have seen a few of the pictures before But many new ones ....What a interesting car the Jh was. .And of course still is This is my fourth. Jh car ....ok in its . :shock: .But I really like the Jh .....Lotus cars were on carbs .Untill they had access to General Motors materials .from 87 ...Mike
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Ment to say in bits lol .....Mike :oops: :oops:
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

I've studying the pics as well. One of my first misconceptions was proved wrong by these pics and supported by Tony when I said about HEA having an oil cooler, Tony said it had one from new and there it is.
Attachments
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG (71.82 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
kees

Post by kees »

That could well be true but there are a lot of variations in various early Jensen-Healey's as described and shown before.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Be it known to all here present that I would not have sold it to anyone else!
Wuth regards to the soaking, Mark has admitted that he was travelling at around 80mph on standing water!
This is number four, Jens, but it actually came off the production line first, as shown in Calver's BibleMiss it already!
Regards, Tony

Er.. there is rather a nice yellow one on Ebay.....!
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828

Return to “Members' Cars”