Re: My Mk111 Restoration - 136/8620(TBY232L)

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Some images of the cavity wax drenching "Toby" got on Saturday, it's gratifying to see the excess flowing out of drain holes in the sills.
Attachments
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG (110.51 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG (127.59 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG (70.47 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
IMG_1901.JPG
IMG_1901.JPG (80.78 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG (201.77 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Nice Job, just as you think all the dripping will have finished, the weather will warm up and it'll start again. :(
It'll never need welding again, so should look good for a very long time.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Toby

Post by Toby »

Kevin Birch wrote:Nice Job, just as you think all the dripping will have finished, the weather will warm up and it'll start again. :(
It'll never need welding again, so should look good for a very long time.
That will be that Cornish Summer the one week in June when i blink and miss it 8)
1973 Interceptor III
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Toby Going on 73 and having been involved in top end restoration on high end cars all my life with many First places and best of shows I find one thing groosley wrong with your car. It Does Not Belong to Me. Best to all involved RacerJoe
Toby

Post by Toby »

Joe Schiavone wrote:Toby Going on 73 and having been involved in top end restoration on high end cars all my life with many First places and best of shows I find one thing groosley wrong with your car. It Does Not Belong to Me. Best to all involved RacerJoe
Thank you Joe, comments like yours from individuals who not only talk the talk but can walk the walk are gratefully received and i can assure you that i do pass them on to the team, for my part it helps to justify the significant investment in the project. There are a number who have contributed to my post who will understand the investment i have made to get "Toby" to this level and i do smile when i read posts which question the current values of well sorted Interceptors, thanks again Joe.
Regards
Andy
1973 Interceptor III
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Grant

Post by Grant »

I know this would have cost you fortunes Andy.. but by Jove.. those people who have done this resto are the sort that are very hard to find!!Image
It's a credit to them and a credit to you to have such a beautiful car now.. the only problem with a car so beautiful like this ... is it can't get any better after the day it's finished... it can only go down hillImage
It's beautiful.. take care of it!! :wink:
With my kind regards
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:I know this would have cost you fortunes Andy.. but by Jove.. those people who have done this resto are the sort that are very hard to find!!Image
It's a credit to them and a credit to you to have such a beautiful car now.. the only problem with a car so beautiful like this ... is it can't get any better after the day it's finished... it can only go down hillImage
It's beautiful.. take care of it!! :wink:
With my kind regards
GrantImage

And i would be bricking it driving it with all that wax around with the knowledge of Jensens and fire :shock: :shock: i should have them fit an on board extinguisher system with plenty of nozzels everywhere,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote: And i would be bricking it driving it with all that wax around with the knowledge of Jensens and fire :shock: :shock: i should have them fit an on board extinguisher system with plenty of nozzels everywhere,,
Image.. Bricking it...DuncyMan.. We've left school & are in our 50's Image.. God how can anyone not love you Mr Cannonball Image
Probably because we were talking about fires on the phone todayImage
But.. on the other hand.. Duncan has a rally good pointImage, I know you purchased the correct period extinguisher Andy.. but when I saw that pic that Uncle Dave Posted of that SP on fireImage (the one that was the talk and argu of F.book) ... boy.. it could happen to any of us and if there is not a good extinguisher on board somewhere.. really there is no coming back from these fires.. I had an SP that had fire a damaged bay...Image they are history once a fire happens if you don't get it out fast enough!! Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Toby

Post by Toby »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote: And i would be bricking it driving it with all that wax around with the knowledge of Jensens and fire :shock: :shock: i should have them fit an on board extinguisher system with plenty of nozzels everywhere,,
Image.. Bricking it...DuncyMan.. We've left school & are in our 50's Image.. God how can anyone not love you Mr Cannonball Image
But.. on the other hand.. Duncan has a rally good pointImage, I know you purchased the correct period extinguisher Andy.. but when I saw that pic that Uncle Dave Posted of that SP on fireImage (the one that was the talk and argu of F.book) ... boy.. it could happen to any of us and if there is not a good extinguisher on board somewhere.. really there is no coming back from these fires.. I had an SP that had fire a damaged bay...Image they are history once a fire happens if you don't get it out fast enough!! Image
I think Interceptors self combust with or without rust treatment to that end i have acquired a Halon extinguisher as the original, although fully charged, is just an ornament. I have an agreed value policy which will be supported by a written valuation on completion, i can't go worrying to much about about the if's but what if's otherwise i won't get to use it
1973 Interceptor III
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Toby wrote:
Grant wrote:
I think Interceptors self combust with or without rust treatment to that end i have acquired a Halon extinguisher as the original, although fully charged, is just an ornament. I have an agreed value policy which will be supported by a written valuation on completion, i can't go worrying to much about about the if's but what if's otherwise i won't get to use it

A great way to think Toby, i was merly expressing if it were to catch fire that amount of wax in the shell will help it go up quick,i am on pins driving any Jensen as i had one blow back and go up and another when a fuel line split by the distributer,its a bitch to have that in the back of your mind when you should be enjoying it,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Toby

Post by Toby »

Hopefully with replacing all the fuel system with quality components, complete replacement of the loom, rebuilt engine and removing oil leaks from that and the trans together with Raptoring the engine bay, as apposed to the original muck, i will have limited the risk, having said that the Halon will never be far away
1973 Interceptor III
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Jorrocks

Post by Jorrocks »

Guys,

You might want to check this stuff out:
https://www.firetoolsales.co.uk/pages/b ... tinguisher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1972 Interceptor MkIII (128/4886)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Jorrocks wrote:Guys,

You might want to check this stuff out:
https://www.firetoolsales.co.uk/pages/b ... tinguisher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock: Wow.. brilliant Eric :P .. Good Man :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Mindset. It is true that once your car leaves the restoration mode it transfers to the enjoyment mode of use in this use mode you are susseptable to wear or damage. This is where Mindset comes in. Each time when something happens Think of it as a use Trophy. Not negative but Positive. I personally love to use my possessions. Enjoy the hell out of them. Or you can put the car in a room with a rope around it and wait for a lamp fixture fall on it as happened to my brothers Beautiful 49 Mercury Candy Apple Red Coupe. Enjoy it. RacerJoe
Toby

Post by Toby »

Start of the boot fit out with new backing boards and vinyl
Attachments
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG (171.96 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
IMG_1994.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG (90.43 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
1973 Interceptor III
1937 Ford Model 10 CX

Return to “Members' Cars”