New Build from the States

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Grant

Re: New Build from the States

Post by Grant »

Thinking about your build Mark and without going through it all..Didn't you change the bonnet rams for a different sort if I remember correctly?Image.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Thanks for the quick replies.

I think it’s a few different things. One is the rubber/aftermarket bonnet seal. The other one is the age of the unit. Meaning the latches. On my black Jensen, it has very few miles and the latches are obviously newer. I’m pretty sure when I trimmed the rubber down around the corners I probably cut more off that car.

I will put the cars on the lift and look up with a flashlight and actually see how they’re engaging. I’m gonna have to take a much closer look at the coupe. I had it working perfect with little alignment holes drilled before we put the engine in, paint and everything. Now not so much.

So to sum it up, one should be able to hold it up from the middle. Let go and it drops down nice and clean, both latch engage at the same time. Like my black one :D
Grant

Post by Grant »

Mark I wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:22 pm So to sum it up, one should be able to hold it up from the middle. Let go and it drops down nice and clean, both latch engage at the same time. Like my black one :D
ImageCorrect, Mr ManImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “Members' Cars”