New Build from the States

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Mark I

Re: New Build from the States

Post by Mark I »

Mark and I then spent several days trying different techniques to bend and manipulate the original brass. He ended up figuring out how to make it all work. Which entailed making custom jigs and bending presses. :shock:
Attachments
5.jpeg
5.jpeg (79.93 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
4.jpeg
4.jpeg (232.58 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
3.jpeg
3.jpeg (221.98 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (185.84 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (225.35 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
Last edited by Mark I on Fri May 14, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

It’s taken a little over four weeks of him coming by once or twice a week to get to this point. Here is a pic of Mark S. just before taking the two half’s back to his shop to get them ready for chroming.
Attachments
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (213.68 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (162.03 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Grant

Post by Grant »

Some people are really clever and have simple thoughtful clever tricks up their sleeve from many years of previous experience, they are very rich in clevernessImage
Finding these individuals is hard and sadly they are a dying breed now and sadly these skill aren't being passed down to younger generations due to mass production using machinery, I admire these skill immenselyImage..Very clever and well done to you both, it gives such a massive sense of achievement and was obviously how it was all done with the whole car in the 60's, 70's and 80's..Brilliant stuff chapsImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Grant wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 am Some people are really clever and have simple thoughtful clever tricks up their sleeve from many years of previous experience, they are very rich in clevernessImage
Finding these individuals is hard and sadly they are a dying breed now and sadly these skill aren't being passed down to younger generations due to mass production using machinery, I admire these skill immenselyImage..Very clever and well done to you both, it gives such a massive sense of achievement and was obviously how it was all done with the whole car in the 60's, 70's and 80's..Brilliant stuff chapsImage
Thanks Grant,
Spot on, Finding these individuals is hard and sadly they are a dying breed now and sadly these skill aren't being passed down to younger generation.
I have learned some from Mark, but would need years just to begin to have some of his knowledge and skill.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Mark I wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:46 am Thanks Grant,
Spot on, Finding these individuals is hard and sadly they are a dying breed now and sadly these skill aren't being passed down to younger generation.
I have learned some from Mark, but would need years just to begin to have some of his knowledge and skill.
I know..and only a few months ago I stumbled across the same sort of Ilk chap over here, I admire his work so much and was so amazed and what he was doing on his own in his little workshop with some machinery..so talented..they can't make much money because they're concentration is in the work and the business side of it, but my man was very happy and helpful, I have worked with many trades over the years and you can pick so much up from them.. it's an absolute pleasure learning all these tricks in life..nothing beats the thrill for me learning, making and modifing..I wish we didn't have to sleep..I was only telling someone the otherday(as I have done this myself) when you jumped out of bed in the middle of the night and measured your wheel-arch gap..I've done exactly the same myself when the penny drops in your head while your sleepingImage, we're all madImage in such an enjoyable way!!Image..keep up the good work my ole fruit :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Mark Stuart just came by for the final test fit. Still A few more steps before the final chrome, super stoked. I never planned on using the front windscreen rubber to install the rear window. It was one of those accidents that worked out great.
Because the rear rubber comes from the same mold as a front, It has the same imperfections. Almost as if it was manufactured from the outset this way.
Attachments
4.JPG
4.JPG (204.09 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
3.jpeg
3.jpeg (207.08 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (178.29 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (108.79 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Finished
Took about six weeks before I got the pieces back from the chromer.
Ended up having to make the joint clips from scratch. The new ones that I ordered from Martin Robey were not usable.
Over the last four months we’ve been taking the car out and really enjoying it. :D
Attachments
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (109.89 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (113.14 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Amazing talents employed here! 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Grant

Post by Grant »

Martin R wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:01 am Amazing talents employed here! 8)
I've notice that too MartMan..to try and find those talents over here in Uk..it's very difficult as they are very few and far between, they are always older people aswell not passing their talents down to younger people as the youngsters don't seem interested..more money in running up and down the country on trains delivering bags of substance!!Image
Your car builds are amazing Mark..Lovely, well doneImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Impressive work. Both cars look great and glad to read you’re enjoying using them.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Welcome back to the Forum, we've missed you! Now you have two perfect Interceptors, do you have another project?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Thank You All

With two Interceptors and one Coupe, one might think I've had enough. However an FF would be kind of nice :shock:
Mark I

Post by Mark I »

Was wondering if any of you have modified or come up with a better hood latch system. Sorry Bonnet. Below is a picture of the original latch in the Coupe. New old Stock from Craig at Martin Robey. And something I got online. ?

So each one of the three Jensen’s we have acts differently. The black one you simply hold the hood up about 8 to 10 inches and let go. Drops and both latches engage. My wife’s car no matter what I’ve done with the adjustments. You have to go to the passenger side, push down to lock it and then walk around to the driver side. On the coupe it doesn’t matter which side you push down first. none of this is really a big deal but it’s always been something I wanted to address.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (163.93 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (88.97 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (105.38 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (73.77 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

All I can say is on your wife's car and the coupe have you tried sitting the bonnet down and the just push down at the top middle of the bonnet, that's how I close mine.
Just a thought
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

The correct set up is when you hold the bonnet in the middle and drop it and it latches like one of your cars as you say, if you need to push it on any side it is probably that the latches are too low assuming they are correctly inline vertically Mark :wink: ..They take alot of faff to get them rightImage, but worth it in the endImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “Members' Cars”