My plan is just to get it on the road, warts and all. I'll be doing the work myself so it's going to be far from a professional job, but that's OK with me. It's a 40 year old car and it will most likely look like one when it's back on the road. If I can get it looking half decent and mechanically sound and reliable I'll be more than happy.
So here's a random taste of what I'm up against:
More photos available on Photobucket. (http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/DaveH ... number%202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Here's what I'm planning, subject to change of course!:
- Body colour to be close to the original Metallic Fawn.
- Original 383 engine rebuilt with mild performance upgrades:
- New camshaft
- New higher compression pistons
- Aluminum heads
- Delta Motorsports headers
- New intake manifold, carburetor and electronic ignition distributor
- Other new bits and bobs as required
- Sanden compressor and complete AC replacement
- Lock up transmission with Gear Vendors overdrive
- Carbon fibre roof
- Undecided on the wheels as of yet, but I've seen some 17" OZ Racing ones I like, although I might just get these refurbished and powder coated
- Suspension will be replaced with "standard" upgrades that other members have written about
- Brakes will be rebuilt or replaced as necessary
- Other stuff of which there's plenty to do!