UJD 9M

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
colin7673
now normal...

UJD 9M

Post by colin7673 »

After some thought and removing another post I thought .what the hell, I'll place some photos on here about the engine rebuild that UJD is having to get some new life into the old girl. Make a little bit of a story about this adventurer. Me, learning along the way

6th October the car was taken to a Boston to a secure unit where the work began. The following weekend and the engine was taken out.

This was the first time that the engine had come out of the car in nearly forty years, as the car left the Jensen factory on the 19th November 1973

Unfortunately there was a couple of weeks delay before the next stage.
26th October... Started to clean the engine bay and engine

Both Engine bay and Engine have been steam cleaned.

This week the engine will go to be checked and the bores will be sized for new pistons. As we only have Saturdays to work on the car, this will be a long winter job, but next Saturday I will be in the engine bay again, getting to the more.....Not so easy places.
Plus, today the decision was taken to take the gearbox out as well. Next weekends job
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
cantona7

Re: UJD 9M

Post by cantona7 »

brave man colin, looks pretty good in that engine bay to my eyes, all the best with it and keep th0se photos coming.

jon.
Jon Hayes
Interceptor 111 136/9108
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Just a little update,

Although this isn't a full RESTO for the car, we have now taken the gearbox out and cleaned all the chassis Tubes down, not taken the break pipes off or the fuse box out, but there are still one or two bits to take out.

Not sure if you can see a difference in the photos.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Have now taken the servo out to be checked and now have taken the wiring and fuse box out.

The engine bay will still be black in colour when it all goes back together, but at least it will be a shining black and not a dirty black
DPP

Post by DPP »

Looking good Colin but best be careful it starts to get addictive taking more parts off then thinking well I might as well do this as well now its stripped, thats how I started. :shock:
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

You have got me worried Colin, that looks like a Rostyle in the top left of the picture, you haven't gone out and bought a mark 1 or 2 have you?

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

No Zac have not got a MK1. just a spare wheel.

Have now taken all the Grud of the inter wings, rubbed down and treated with a rust additive.

Also have painted the bulkhead and chassis tubes with a sealant.

The good news is that Diane even got time to help...

Wire brushing, down the radiator and cover which has also been primed.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Now that's a real woman!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Johnfromholland

Post by Johnfromholland »

Hi Colin & Diana, very nice to see your updates. Keep on posting, and whenever you feel there's no end on this job: sit back & have a nice plate of Dutch nasi :D (for the other readers: as an former international truckdriver Colin has fallen in love with Dutch nasi while crossing the lowland)
Enjoy the work on your Jensen!
2210/1132 Interceptor MK3 1974
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Happy Days today.

Went to pick the engine up, its now been rebuilt, with re-con heads ( OUCH ) and brand new iners after a re-bore.

All I need to do now is dress it. Not In a Summer dress either before anybody thinks of being funny

Not to much has happened lately, as the car is to be moved to a new a different workshop, it can be pushed, as its close by, but all the workshop goodies, Car Lift, Machinery, Crane ect. need to be moved as well, so the car has taken a bit of a back seat for a few weeks.

When in the new workshop, the front suspension will be coming off.... Where to stop ?????
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

Can't let you be the only one sitting in an engine bay Colin…..?!! Me and the P66 today!!

Derek Chapman
Phil Hayes

Post by Phil Hayes »

Hey Col,
Just noticed that your front Off - side tyre appears to be running in the wrong direction. (second photo down) Could be wrong but thats what it looks like by the tread pattern. There should be a direction arrow on the tyre wall.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Phil
SP 131-4777
Per

Post by Per »

Is it not strange Colin how "not resto" tends to creep up on you and turn into, errrr, something else? You must have it back on the road for the international though. I want to see it running. :-)
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Well, looks like we have nice weather again and after a late start back working on the car.

Not much has happened in the first two months of this year as the car had to be moved to a new warehouse, then of course the warehouse had to be made use-able, electric put in place to be able to use the machinery and four poster lift, the I broke my wrist ( No Jokes thank you) so this has put us behind a little.
But last Saturday managed to get so much done. fuel lines was taken out, as was the front brake pipes, these are to be renewed, but while taking the fuel line out, looking up under the car at the back, guess what we found...

So off came the whole exhaust plus the silencers hangers ( cradles ) both sides and both sides need welding, have you seen the price of the cradle rubbers and for four...... still will not need new ones again for a while
Then started on the front of the car again, didn't want to worry about the welding just yet.......
So now running gear is off both sides, ready to start cleaning and respraying and sand blasting all the bits and pieces

Do not think it will be ready for the International... :(
Last edited by colin7673 on Mon May 26, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Blimey Colin and Diane. You're not holding back.

I'm sure it will look (and drive) fantastic when it's finished.

Stuart

Return to “Members' Cars”