Heavy shipments from UK to US

See this section for contacts and details of events in North America and Canada.

Moderator: Darren

Ronnie
Location: Traverse City, Michigan, USA. (originally Dulwich, London)

Heavy shipments from UK to US

Post by Ronnie »

Anyone have experience of shipping heavier parts from UK to US? If so, what service did you use? I just want to order the mk1 sills and sill panels at some point but they're a bit bulky. I'm just trying to see if there's a more reasonable price than the usual FedEx route? I'm in no hurry to have them delivered (it'll be for winter or beyond) so if there's a slow route which is cheaper i'd be all ears.

thanks
Kieron
Gone but not forgotten......
1967 Mark 1
115/2576
OUL 3F
Manwithaplan

Re: Heavy shipments from UK to US

Post by Manwithaplan »

Based on a parcel size 48" x 8" x 8" and a weight of 22lbs (10kgs), here's a list of quotes from the bigger shippers. When the parcel size and weight is known for certain then this price can be refined.

Other shippers are available.

http://www.parcel2go.com/quotes?col=219 ... 0#/results
Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

thanks for that link! I put my own parameters in and based on what Rejen told me back in May and that's only about 100 squids for both sides (box and panel) by UPS to USA. Nice.
1967 Mark 1
115/2576
OUL 3F
DaveAK

Post by DaveAK »

Ronnie wrote:thanks for that link! I put my own parameters in and based on what Rejen told me back in May and that's only about 100 squids for both sides (box and panel) by UPS to USA. Nice.
Have you checked Delta Motorsports to see if they have stock?

I've also been considering getting these parts, but have so far not tried getting shipping estimates from outside the US because of not knowing what to do about customs and just assuming it's going to be a huge pain in the arse. If you find a reliable method of shipping and estimating costs let me know! :D Of course, my problem is compounded by living in Alaska. :(
72 MkIII Interceptor 133/5613 (440)
71 MkIII Interceptor 133/5546 (383)
55 Nash Metropolitan
JOC Member 9777
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

I think i did try delta but they really only keep stock for the later marks that were imported into the US. Rejen had some already fabricated and ready to ship, the last time i spoke to them. All in, shipped to my home, it works out to be around $900 for both sides' box sill and body panel. Now, getting them put in, that's another story........
1967 Mark 1
115/2576
OUL 3F

Return to “North America”