The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Parts Wanted

SP Six Pack air cleaner with dimple in top of lid.

by Westloft » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Wanted Six Pack Air Cleaner with dimple in lid, or dimpled lid without base. :(
Please pm with any offers.

Thanks
Westloft

by Joe Schiavone » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 pm

If you have a cast iron intake you may not need the dimple top. Thank as I have no dimple in my 6-pack lid and all fits fine. Racer Joe
Joe Schiavone

by Westloft » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

It's not the fit Joe, I just like the look. Thanks for the info though. :)
Westloft

by Joerg » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Jensen hat a simple round press tool to make this modification to the Mopar lid.
No big deal, have mine converted to „Jensen Original and only“ that way.
Only for the look of course:-) as clearance was no issue.
Last edited by Joerg on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
EA 7000 was the first one
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

by Joe Schiavone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Actually I bought my 6 pack setup without knowledge of The SixPack Interceptor Sp model. Just to Hot Rod American mentality. Probably went 15 years many before finding out much about the mark. The exposed to you guys and a whole new world. I have had trippier carb 55 T Bird Tripple Webber BMW 3.0 CS. Duel Webber BMW Tii Tripple carb E Jag 4 carb Ejag So when I bought the Used 6 Pack Cast Iron Mopar setup for $1200 back in 88 it was an extention more power quest move. Boy I am glad I did. The best move I ever did and have never had any problems. Had a top Hot Rod Mopar Mechanic do the install. Then I read all the negative Interceptor problems Hard to figure out. Possibly lack of universal understanding certainly no internet help. RacerJoe
Joe Schiavone

by Tim SP » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:26 pm

Some years ago, I sent an original lid (jensen pressed them) as the new mopar lids are ob without depression.
Jensen did this for clearance, the manifolds are not/were not different, years later with worn mounts the block will sit a bit lower, also if your sound deadening has gone, there were 2 types of that too, one much thicker.
On my car, a non pressed lid was mm's from bonnet skin.

So,having spoken to Craig at M.Robey's ltd, he said send it up, they can make anything, so a tool was found (poss the original Craig thought) and the old stock lids he dug out-Yup some brand new unused, but unpressed lids were in their stock!
So he had them pressed, I would call them as unless your a nut case like me that wanted to own them all, I doubt they sold all of them!
They even had the orig chysler labels on.... here's one....
Attachments
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG (181.73 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Return to Parts Wanted