The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 am

Parts Wanted

Left hand dashboard and steering rack for 1973 Jensen Healey

by sgraham » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:32 am

Greetings to you,
My name is Steven and I live near Elgin in Scotland. My brother in law in Abu Dhabi has been approached by one of the Shiekhs who is looking to restore and convert a 1973 Jensen Healey (picture in avatar). The car is currently a right hand drive and he wishes to convert it to left hand drive and thus he is looking for a dashboard and steering rack from a 1973 Jensen Healey.
I am hoping that you can maybe point me in the right direction, I am looking for someone breaking a left hand drive or someone that has these parts to offer for sale.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards sent

Steven
Steven Graham
1973 Jensen Healey (see avatar)
sgraham

by Chris_R » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:41 am

How about getting an LHD Jensen-Healey from the USA (or maybe Continental Europe) and restoring that instead of converting an RHD one to LHD.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

by sgraham » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello Chris,
I am not sure of the Shiekh's connection with this car, it may have a sentimental connection and thus why he wishes to convert it. I am sure purchasing a LHD donor car would not be out with his reach so if you know of any currently up for sale please send me the details.

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards sent

Steven
Steven Graham
1973 Jensen Healey (see avatar)
sgraham

by felixkk » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:09 pm

There was a scrap JH offered to us a while ago, I'd have to check the year of the car though- but it's probably going to be cheaper to find one near a port (Holland or Germany). A member here also has a parts car, I think. PM me how much you'd be willing to pay and I could try to put you two in touch (but not before Xmas!).
Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
felixkk

by ChrisL » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:28 am

There are often quite a few LHDs and lists of assorted parts etc for sale on the US Jensen Healey Preservation Society website:

http://www.jensenhealey.com/market/marketplace.html

You could also try Delta Motorsports in Arizona.
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia
ChrisL

Return to Parts Wanted