The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Parts Wanted

Mk1 long style ashtrays needed.

by Manwithaplan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Does anyone have any of these style ashtrays for a mk1 available? Ideally in cranberry but I can modify if not.

Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
Manwithaplan

by Mark1Stu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 pm

If they are long and thin with a crackle finish with protruding handles, I sold a pair to REJEN recently.

If you need the later ones with a leather insert and chrome surround, I have some deconstructed spares which you are welcome to have. From memory the opening stop will need repair and they're black - but that's easily remedied.
Mark1Stu

by johnw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Mark1Stu wrote:If they are long and thin with a crackle finish with protruding handles, I sold a pair to REJEN recently.

Those ashtrays were only used for a short period of time, being introduced just before the opening front quarterlights were deleted. Jensen then went back to the more common type.
--
John Wild
johnw

by Manwithaplan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm

This is the ashtray I'm looking for. It's 5" long and 3 " heigh.

Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
Manwithaplan

by johnw » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:25 am

Manwithaplan wrote:This is the ashtray I'm looking for. It's 5" long and 3 " heigh.

Those you are looking for are the more common type. Do you want the whole thing, or just the removable ashtray? Back in the day, there seemed to be a breed of owner or thief that nicked them before/as the cars were sold. So lots of cars had the frame in the door still but no removable ashtray. I often look to see if the shade of leather on the ashtray is slightly different.

If you sold a Jensen and kept the ashtrays, let us know. Maybe the one time owners would sit at home with a cigar or brandy and reminisce.
--
John Wild
johnw

Return to Parts Wanted