The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Parts Wanted

GT-rear seat squab and alternative wheels wanted

by Balmy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 am

I’m after a rear seat bottom squab for my GT please

Also after some alternative wheels for the car while I refurbish the original ones. Anyone got anything or can advise what fits?

1975 Jensen GT - scruffy
1974 Morris Marina TC - highly modified 1950cc
1983 Fiat 900 Spacemaker - Rusty
1974 Honda CD175 -in bits
1997 Ducati 916 Senna III-appreciating
1997 Laverda 750 Formula-fun
2007 Ducati 1098R TB LE - 200bhp thug of a bike
Balmy

by NigelK » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi David

Jason at Rejen will be able to make you a new rear seat squab. The challenge with GTs is matching the corduroy fabric, but I found a supplier of almost perfect matching fabric in the States (SMS Autofabrics, Jason has the details) and I suspect they'll be able to match your corduroy colour as well. Jason should also be able to provide you with some tatty J-H wheels to use while your's are being refurbished (Platinum Alloys in Swindon did a good job on mine, Charlton Classics near Hitchin are also recommended). The J-H wheel PCD is not that common (4 x 4") so I think you're better off using a set of J-H wheels rather than trying to find a replacement from a different manufacturer. J-H wheels are quite often found on eBay as well.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Nigel
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
GT 30071 NUY 903P
NigelK

by kees » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Vauxhall Viva, Morris Minor, A-H sprite, Hillman Imp, these all have the J-H 4x4" bolt pattern and 12" or 13"diameter. If the car does have to be driven but only to be mobile to be pushed around you can use any of the very plentiful 4x100mm wheels you can use, old VW, Opel/Vauxhall, Fiat, BMW, many Japanese cars etc. etc. Be careful to tighten the bolts only finger tight so you do not put any sideways load on the bolts.
Kees Oudesluijs
kees

by kees » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Vauxhall Viva, Morris Minor, A-H sprite, Hillman Imp, these all have the J-H 4x4" bolt pattern and 12" or 13"diameter. If you want to drive the car go for the Vauxhall Viva (may be also VX4) wheels. If the car does not have to be driven but only to be mobile to be pushed around you can use any of the very plentiful 4x100mm wheels you can use, old VW, Opel/Vauxhall, Fiat, BMW, many Japanese cars etc. etc. Be careful to tighten the bolts only finger tight so you do not put any bending load on the bolts.
Kees Oudesluijs
kees

by ChrisL » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:21 am

I just left my J-H on blocks while I had the wheels refurbished. Saves having to then store/get rid of another set of wheels and tyres afterwards.

If stable enough you can also turn over the motor ever now and again if the wheels take longer than expected.

(See Nigel, you are an expert!)
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia
(Can anyone smell petrol?)
ChrisL

by kees » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 am

kees wrote:Vauxhall Viva, Morris Minor, A-H sprite, Hillman Imp, these all have the J-H 4x4" bolt pattern and 12" or 13"diameter. If you want to drive the car go for the Vauxhall Viva (may be also VX4) wheels. If the car does not have to be driven but only to be mobile to be pushed around you can use any of the very plentiful 4x100mm wheels you can use, old VW, Opel/Vauxhall, Fiat, BMW, many Japanese cars etc. etc. Be careful to tighten the bolts only finger tight so you do not put any bending load on the bolts.
Kees Oudesluijs

Forgot to mention also to get the wheel nuts for the replacement wheels!!!
Kees Oudesluijs
kees

Return to Parts Wanted