The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Parts Wanted

Bradex Extinguisher mounting bracket

by Toby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Does anybody have a fixing bracket for the Bradex extinguisher in v/good condition. This plastic coated bracket enables it to be fitted to the base of the drivers seat in the Interceptor
Interceptor III
Toby

by Dino Fritz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Is this for the Mk III?

I'm just wondering 'cos on my car (2241/9480) it didn't have a typical Bradex fire extinguisher (I'm thinking the long thin extinguisher that's like two or three Red Bull cans long), but mine had something a little smaller than a can of fly spray.

If originality is your goal, then maybe the smaller extinguisher is the right one - but then again, the longer Bradex's that I have seen on earlier cars look better!

Let me know if you'd like a photo of what was on mine,

Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Dino Fritz

by Toby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Dino Fritz wrote:Is this for the Mk III?

I'm just wondering 'cos on my car (2241/9480) it didn't have a typical Bradex fire extinguisher (I'm thinking the long thin extinguisher that's like two or three Red Bull cans long), but mine had something a little smaller than a can of fly spray.

If originality is your goal, then maybe the smaller extinguisher is the right one - but then again, the longer Bradex's that I have seen on earlier cars look better!

Let me know if you'd like a photo of what was on mine,

Dino

Hi Dino,
This is the Bradex i have and need a bracket for. It is 9.5" Long X 2" diameter and i am told is the original one for the Interceptor and is fitted at the front of the drivers seat.
Andy
Attachments
IMAG1424.jpg
IMAG1424.jpg (110.08 KiB) Viewed 208 times
IMAG1423.jpg
IMAG1423.jpg (122.95 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Interceptor III
Toby

by RAP72 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 pm

I apologies for the filthy state of my carpet and car. But this is my fitting.

Ps reminds me off a passing out parade when the senior inspecting officer commented that someone's shoes needed polishing. To which the cadet replied " I will tell my wife Sir"
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.15 KiB) Viewed 193 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (142.91 KiB) Viewed 193 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Steve.
AKA. RAP72
JOC 3492

New location for mk1 website

http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/welcome.html

RAP72
V8 Lover

by Toby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 pm

RAP72 wrote:I apologies for the filthy state of my carpet and car. But this is my fitting.

Ps reminds me off a passing out parade when the senior inspecting officer commented that someone's shoes needed polishing. To which the cadet replied " I will tell my wife Sir"

Is that the original location or an alternative to fitting to the base of the drivers seat?
Interceptor III
Toby

by RAP72 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Toby wrote:Is that the original location or an alternative to fitting to the base of the drivers seat?

It's been there since 1990 - and so has the dirt by the looks of it :oops:

I hope others, having seen the photos, will now confirm or suggest an alternative.
Steve.
AKA. RAP72
JOC 3492

New location for mk1 website

http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/welcome.html

RAP72
V8 Lover

by Chris_R » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I had exactly the same type of fittings but screwed instead to the front of the seat frame at the base.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Chris_R

by Toby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Chris_R wrote:I had exactly the same type of fittings but screwed instead to the front of the seat frame at the base.

That is the location i had understood to be the default, I am seeking the fixing where the clips are connected by a backing plate rather than individual clips
Interceptor III
Toby

by Chris_R » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Toby wrote:
Chris_R wrote:I had exactly the same type of fittings but screwed instead to the front of the seat frame at the base.

That is the location i had understood to be the default, I am seeking the fixing where the clips are connected by a backing plate rather than individual clips
I don't know if Jensen ever used that kind of fixing, what I had was definitely original from the factory.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Chris_R

by Toby » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 am

This is the bracket i am looking for
Attachments
IMAG1425.jpg
IMAG1425.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Interceptor III
Toby

by Grant » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:11 am

Why not just re-powder coat it Andy? :shock:
2 x Mk2/Manual Gearbox Interceptors and Convertible Int :P
JOC Member 7842
"Monkey Man"signature Registrar :D
Grant

by Toby » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 am

Grant wrote:Why not just re-powder coat it Andy? :shock:

I borrowed this one and i am looking for one myself
Interceptor III
Toby

by Grant » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am

Toby wrote:
Grant wrote:Why not just re-powder coat it Andy? :shock:

I borrowed this one and i am looking for one myself

:oops: .. Oh I see, :wink:
JOC Member 7842
Grant

by Dino Fritz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am

Hi everyone,

Here's the fire extinguisher that was fitted to my car when I bought it way back in 1989 - geez, I thought it was original, but then thinking about it, it probably was a replacement of sorts for the original Bradex extinguisher.

Funny thing that - brought my car with a fire in the engine bay, and THAT fire extinguisher was never used (yes, it's still full). But given the size of it, it wouldn't have done much!

BTW, it was fitted to a bracket under the drivers seat, which came forwards and bent up through 90 degrees at the front of the drivers seat as others have commented, so maybe the bracket was original, but the extinguisher wasn't?

Meh, sorry everyone for the bum steer (I learnt something after all of these years)!

Dino
Attachments
Fire Extinguisher Original Compressed.jpg
Fire Extinguisher Original Compressed.jpg (94.02 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Dino Fritz

by Grant » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am

Dino Fritz wrote:Hi everyone,

Here's the fire extinguisher that was fitted to my car when I bought it way back in 1989 - geez, I thought it was original, but then thinking about it, it probably was a replacement of sorts for the original Bradex extinguisher.

Funny thing that - brought my car with a fire in the engine bay, and THAT fire extinguisher was never used (yes, it's still full). But given the size of it, it wouldn't have done much!

BTW, it was fitted to a bracket under the drivers seat, which came forwards and bent up through 90 degrees at the front of the drivers seat as others have commented, so maybe the bracket was original, but the extinguisher wasn't?

Meh, sorry everyone for the bum steer (I learnt something after all of these years)!

Dino

I think these may have been fitted to the later cars Dino, I seem to remember this type in the convertible we have, unless I am going mad :?
JOC Member 7842
Grant

Next

Return to Parts Wanted