The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 am

Parts Wanted

Jensen Healey Parts Wanted.

by Clive Bishop » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 pm

I have searched / asked at a few places, but they either don't have or want me to buy a full kit and not just the specific parts so thought I would ask here:

Replacement seat foam for seats
Door lock internal extrusion - basically finishing trim around the lock - 1 or 2 needed
Facia plate around radio and heater controls - mine has been butchered and I have a retro radio to fit in but due to cuts and pieces been cut out, not possible now...so looking for a NOS or very good second hand one.

Also recommendation for a new hood. Mine came with one from a patent company but it just wont fit and two trimmers have now said this. So I am looking for a PVC one that will fit!!! Any recommendations would be good and I know a number of people supply them such as Robeys, Rejen or Don Trimming, but like the one I have from Monsoon which came unfitted with the car, do these actually fit well enough as the Monsoon one is way too tight and small.

I will now stand back and wait for the flood of responses :D :D :D :D :D
JOC Wessex Representative

1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta

VW T5 Transporter Sportline LWB

1990 BMW E30 318 IS - Now with the E30 316 gone for a record price, this is the runabout and next project
Clive Bishop

by kees » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:46 am

You probably do not need another centre console face plate. If the hole has been enlarged to DIN size you can fit an old three hole radio using an adaptor plate that was used in many German cars that had DIN sized holes as standard from a very early date. I have many of those lying about but you can probably get these from Halfords or the like.
The advantage will be that you can fit the radio from the front.
If the face plate is completely knackered I may have a decent one or at least one that can be used with an old-fashioned three hole radio, although the veneer will probably be history.
I also may have the plastic bits for the internal door lock.
I will check later.
Rejen has new foam inserts for the seats. They are to high I think and it might be wise to cut holes in them like in the original foam rubber type. Expensive though. They are quite a struggle to fit. I have one fitted on the driver seat and I am sitting to high for my liking. A local trimmer might be a better idea.
To replace the webbing I used rubber diaphragms of the Triumph Tr6 which are very reasonably priced. They fit well but you have to modify/make up a few hooks:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Seat- ... SwY3BZDtlR

Perfect solution for the stretched and primitive original pattern webbing which can be had from Rejen but again at a premium price.

Kees Oudesluijs
Last edited by kees on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kees

by archie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 am

appleyards have new seat foams and seat webbing's and covers for the j/h at a sensible price :D
1970 Raleigh Chopper Mk1 Orange Happy Days :D
1976 Raleigh Chopper Mk2 Orange
1X Jensen SP production no 2 reg No GEA 88 Yellow
archie
The Mild Child

by kees » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:52 am

Good to know!!
Kees Oudesluijs
kees

by kees » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I have found a very nice unmolested faceplate with the burled walnut pattern. Unusually the decal for the heater is directly printed on this although a chrome plate with the decal was fitted over this. For some unknown (to me) reason I cannot download pictures here so if you let me know your email address I will send you the picture.
Still searching for the interior door lock trims.
Kees Oudesluijs
kees

by Clive Bishop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, sorry I have been away and no access to the internet on a regular basis.

Kees - Thanks a lot for the parts info....the facia piece has been so butchered that they even cut an odd size DIN and a new radio cage is loose!!! Hence the reason why looking for complete new facia......my email is clivebishop@blueyonder.co.uk

Andy - Knew you did Interceptor foam bases but not JH....will give you a call over the next few days.
JOC Wessex Representative

1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta

VW T5 Transporter Sportline LWB

1990 BMW E30 318 IS - Now with the E30 316 gone for a record price, this is the runabout and next project
Clive Bishop

Return to Parts Wanted