Free: C-V8 (?) and Int (?) brake reservoirs [TAKEN]

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
mojo

Free: C-V8 (?) and Int (?) brake reservoirs [TAKEN]

Post by mojo »

This is a pair of SOVY (made in England) nylon brake fluid reservoirs. I was never convinced that these were original to my car, and I eventual replaced them with metal AH-style ones (which look the part, even though not original).

The problem with these is that a DPO had tightened the fixings at the bottom too tight, rather than finding the right way to seal them, and this has caused the seams to open up slightly. I could not make them fluid tight, despite a number of different attempts. So they may only serve as donors for parts such as caps and fittings. The caps do not have the float mechanisms in place - only the contacts and electrical connectors at the top. The two mounting clamps are in brushed stainless, and are quite nice.

Free to an established member owner.

Last edited by mojo on Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Re: Free: C-V8 and Int brake reservoirs

Post by John Staddon »

I don't think any C-V8 had the reservoirs with the electrical connections in the lid as there is no brake fluid low level warning light on a C-V8 to connect to, these reservoirs must be Interceptor.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
mojo

Re: Free: C-V8 and Int brake reservoirs

Post by mojo »

John - agreed. That was the main reason why I was sure that they could not have been original! But I could not directly identify the SOVY make with the Interceptor either, so I did wonder whether they are perhaps Jaguar derived. But if no interest, they can accompany the rest of the bits up to the local recycling centre easily enough!
Colin Shaw

Re: Free: C-V8 (?) and Int (?) brake reservoirs

Post by Colin Shaw »

Yes please have sent PM
Colin shaw

Return to “Parts For Sale”