One C-V8 brake disk (TAKEN)

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
mojo

One C-V8 brake disk (TAKEN)

Post by mojo »

At first glance it might seem a bit daft to offer just one disk, but... the disks that I've just taken off my MkIII have the following thicknesses: 8.65mm, 10.35mm, 11.30mm, 12.90mm.

How it came to be like this I really don't know, but what it means is that 3 of the disks were below minimum allowed thickness (11.4mm) and the fourth one is near enough unworn! The brand new disks that I've just fitted are only 12.8mm thick.

The reason that I'm offering it for free (postage at your cost) is that someone out there might have a vehicle which is a similar mix of worn/unworn parts, and may be able to use my unworn one? If so, please contact me about it in the next week, and you're welcome to it. After that it's going to the metals recycling at the local tip.

I should add that the disk is unworn but definitely not new - it has been on the car for quite a few years, while it has been in storage. But it has been dry stored, so there is no rust pitting at all on the braking surface, which is almost entirely smooth.
Last edited by mojo on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnw

Re: One C-V8 brake disk

Post by johnw »

Could be cleaned up to 12.8mm. So is this a front or rear one? Rear ones will fit Interceptor Mk1's and FFs too.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
mojo

Re: One C-V8 brake disk

Post by mojo »

It was on the front, but the disks are the same all round on a C-V8.

I've already had an "I'll take it if nobody else needs it" response, but they have said that if anyone has an immediate need for one then that can take priority.

[EDIT: Now gone to Frankoid for his 541S]

Return to “Parts For Sale”