Decent Rostyles

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Terdu

Decent Rostyles

Post by Terdu »

Hi, not my ad, but just stumbled across them on eBay. Maybe someone's looking for a set?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324629623099 ... %7Ciid%3A1
Found a Vignale built LHD MK1 in South Africa, Sincar #15, chassis 117/2592.
On a long and winding road to restore it back to original condition. :shock:
Dion

Re: Decent Rostyles

Post by Dion »

Interesting BUT.... if you're not from the UK do not forget the brexit effect which can have a big impact on the total price.
I bought a Workshop Manual for UKP 40 in the UK incl P&P. It was not delivered to mu home address but instead I had to pick it up at a local post office address. There I was presented with a further bill for €18 import/customs costs. Which is about 40% of the item cost!
This surely will have an negative effect of selling things to Europe to sellers.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Dion, it sounds something wrong about that. As far as I know printed matter is free of import duties internationally. This is not an EU or UK thing, but an international treaty on printed materials designed to facilitate the free exchange of intellectual material. It should have been classified under chapter 4901 of the tariff code.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Richard Calver

Tariffs on printed matter

Post by Richard Calver »

I know from shipping books around the world that Germany has on several occasions imposed an import duty on my publications. No other country (to my knowledge) has done this with my books. My tariff code is 4901.99.90 (origin Australia). I thought books were supposed to be duty free but maybe there are exceptions.
JOC member 3551
Canberra, Oz
4¼ Litre H4/9103
http://www.richardcalver.com
tfmuch@bigpond.com
Dion

Post by Dion »

Chris_R wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:08 pmAs far as I know printed matter is free of import duties internationally. This is not an EU or UK thing, but an international treaty on printed materials designed to facilitate the free exchange of intellectual material. It should have been classified under chapter 4901 of the tariff code.
Thanks Chris, good to know for a next time. Not worth the trouble trying to fight this for this one occasion.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
kees

Post by kees »

May be free of import duties but you still have to pay local VAT (in NL 9% on books, 21% on most other items )and probably handling charges.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
johnw

Post by johnw »

There are mailbox/package services in many border and holiday/tourist towns in Europe! The better ones operate by charging 1 or 2 euros a package, including 2 months holding charge. No membership fee. Typically they allow you to register for free online, you then order your favourite goodies, and pick them up while on holiday. There seems to be one opening in Calais although no prices are evident. With Covid this solution is not without problems!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Terdu

Post by Terdu »

Sounds like a great idea, but i'd be looking for something on the UK side that does something similar. any leads?
Found a Vignale built LHD MK1 in South Africa, Sincar #15, chassis 117/2592.
On a long and winding road to restore it back to original condition. :shock:

Return to “Parts For Sale”