Series 111 front and rear bumpers need work but solid

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Neandethal

Series 111 front and rear bumpers need work but solid

Post by Neandethal »

I have recently bought stainless bumpers for my car after the good lady reversed a car with towbar into the Jensen rear bumper, so that will need a level of straightening before re-chroming, but that will be the cheap part. The front is decent apart from the over riders which are peeling. solid metal will rechrome well. will upload photos shortly. Want to sell as a pair. PM for offer or more photos, cheers Ian
Attachments
b1.jpg
b1.jpg (325.69 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
b8.jpg
b8.jpg (306.73 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Series 111 front and rear bumpers need work but solid

Post by VFK44 »

I'm sure other owners would be interested if you published a "review" of your stainless bumpers - vendor, cost, fitment and appearance!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi
I fitted stainless steel bumpers from Harringtons about 5 years ago and have found them excellent, unable to distinguish from chrome units, except they do not rust.
The only issue I had was they only supply for mk1 & mk3 models, so for my mk2 model I had to adapt the fittings a little, not too hard with the help of B&Q. I also had to use the mk3 number plate lamp.
They are certainly a lot better than my old units, one of which had a rust hole the other had a really weird chrome finish.
I recommend them.
Richard
JOC Scottish Rep
Neandethal

Post by Neandethal »

First £100 takes them away, need the space.

Return to “Parts For Sale”