SU fuel pump AUF 301/AZX1308

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
kees

SU fuel pump AUF 301/AZX1308

Post by kees »

For sale rebuilt fuel pumps for the Jensen-Healey:
Several SU AUF 301 or equivalent SU AZX 1308 pumps.
New points and diode or capacitor replaced by a transil to further reduce sparking and wear of the points. Dual polarity. Also used in late Austin Healey, Triumph Stag, Jaguar XK 6cylinder cars and others. £50 exch. or £70 outright.
One AUF301/AZX1308 is converted to an electronic pump, negative earth only. £85.
These are technically rebuilt and generally not cosmetically painted or replated, just cleaned.
I can bring some with me to the International.
Kees Oudesluijs
Last edited by kees on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
ChrisL

Re: SU fuel pump AUF 301/AZX1308

Post by ChrisL »

Kees, does this mean you're parting with the contents of (some?) of your boxes of junk??

If so, I will have to come to the 2020 International just to see it!

I also happen to have an old SU pump off my GT that will be worth lugging along - so if I get there it's a deal.
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia
kees

Post by kees »

Chris,
I have to clear my "boxes of old junk". Firstly because I am getting complaints from the Missus and I cannot saddle my children (or SWMBO) with all the stuff when I decide, voluntary or not, to call it a day.
Shipping a petrol pump (or two) to Australia would be cheaper than a trip to the International in 2020.
If I had known earlier I would have brought one with me to Australia a couple of months ago when I visited Brisbane (unbearably hot&humid) and Tasmania (fantastic). Shipping would have been far cheaper & no duties.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

No sweat (poor pun re Brisbane; it's really humid there...)

My wife has decided she wants to get to the UK in 2020 so I'm trying to wangle a side trip to the International while we're there; doing an exchange with a pump would give me a further excuse. And see your happy faces too of course.

I once bought a coffee percolator when in the US, lugged it all over creation. When I got it home and plugged it in, it ran pretty fast... and burnt out. Like a twit I forgot that it's 120v in the US and 240v here...

I will go over my list of Jensen needs and see what can be prised out of the Oudesluijs vaults!
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia
kees

Post by kees »

You are quite welcome. If you can´t make it to the International next year when you are in Europe you may have the opportunity to visit Heerjansdam in the NL.
Remember though, the boot of a Jensen-Healey has a very limited capacity if Anne Marie is travelling with me.
J-H MkII, 1974

Return to “Parts For Sale”