Door Mirrors

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Arcnewal

Door Mirrors

Post by Arcnewal »

I have a pair of mirrors for sale on eBay that were removed from my old MkIII Interceptor.

The car was dressed up as a Series 4, so they may have come from JPAS in the 80’s. Both mirrors are in good condition and complete.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2776326632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julian

Re: Door Mirrors

Post by Julian »

They are indeed the “also fitted o Aston’s” expensive version fitted by the Jensen Car Co. in the late 80s, early 90s.
I think.
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

German-
fitted as std to series V AMV8 family, also adopted by JCC ltd & fitted as std to S4 as been said.
They were & are very expensive, hence the 'pony' use of Jaguar mirrors that, well just looked terrible, the German's fitted wonderfully on the flat of door skin, they fit as though they were designed to be there, unlike the Jag units,which, well don't.

Bit like the vile nasty plastic spoiler- the 2 items a very respected jensen man wouldn't fit, the knocked off version was even worse- oh & they didnt fit either!

The listed mirrors are the real deal- very pukka.
Grant

Post by Grant »

ImageTim, are these the same as the mirrors fitted to your S4?Image
Your ones sit on the top of the door don't they?... Where as these ones go on the flat side do they not, is that what you are saying?... I'm a tad confused? HELPImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

I rather suspect Grant, that these mirrors ever fitted on skin ie on flat above swage were done a)covering existing holes b) by being, well miss informed.
The factory always fitted them in same place ie top of skin as on mine & all S4's, also on the update cars, those otherwise fitted by factory are as said almost certainly due to existing holes.

I just helped out a chap with part numbers, as these mirrors are serviced- imagine that.
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

I remember seeing the photo on the eBay ad, and then a few days later thought “I might put in a bid just in case my S4 mirrors fail for any reason”, but too late, the auction had ended. 200 pound for the set was cheap - I think I paid over 500 pound new for both of them from the JCC in the very early 1990s

Glad to hear you can still buy parts for them- I broke a tab off the electric joystick when fitting the LED lights to my console- I think I can re-solder a wire, but if you have any part numbers or pricing for them I’d greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
esse1

Post by esse1 »

Dino Fritz wrote:I remember seeing the photo on the eBay ad, and then a few days later thought “I might put in a bid just in case my S4 mirrors fail for any reason”, but too late, the auction had ended. 200 pound for the set was cheap - I think I paid over 500 pound new for both of them from the JCC in the very early 1990s

Glad to hear you can still buy parts for them- I broke a tab off the electric joystick when fitting the LED lights to my console- I think I can re-solder a wire, but if you have any part numbers or pricing for them I’d greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Dino
My car has a set of these mirrors fitted and also came with the original boxing which has "Genuine Jensen factory part" stickers with part numbers 846012 and 846013.
A search of these part numbers on Robey's website lists them both as "door mirror" at GBP 98.45 each.

At that price they may be replicas of the German mirrors ? Can't find a date but documentation with mine shows todays equivalent of about NZ$600 although I have two separate boxes so if you paid over GBP500 then mine may have been NZ$600 each.

Cheers
Sean
Interceptor III
128-8018
JOC Member 9685
Julian

Post by Julian »

Dino one of mine was missing one of the black plastic mounting screw covers. I got a replacement from Nicholas Mee in the UK - an Aston dealer, at hideous cost.

the invoice for them that came with my car has their cost as GBP 386.26 - fitted (Jensen Car Co.) Mirrors were 78.32 each.
the part numbers are the same as Sean lists along with a harness 866032, rivnuts 67907 and support plate 869081

and like Tim mounted on the side not the flat above the swage line.

Real train spotter stuff huh !
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Hi Grant, Tim, Julian,

I need to re-vacuum (chrome) plate those plastic parts on the mirror in the next year or two, as my plating is starting to ed to come off - I may look into having them scanned and 3D printed (actually, I may see if I can vacuum plate the 3D printed parts just to be sure).

Now I'm confused - I thought that the S4 mirrors were mounted on the narrow flat on top of the door, as per these brochures http://www.british-steel.org/brochure/s4.htm.

Cheers,
Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Julian

Post by Julian »

I will step back now and leave it to the experts.

Have just painted mine black ... to see how that looks like compared to body colour (they needed painting).
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

The S4 cars- mirrors mounted on the flat of the skin.(top)
The plastic parts are serviced by AML.
Attachments
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG (195.05 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG (198.15 KiB) Viewed 4695 times

Return to “Parts For Sale”