Jensen-Healey Lenham Hard Top

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Andy Hamblin

Jensen-Healey Lenham Hard Top

Post by Andy Hamblin »

I have a Jensen-Healey Lenham hard top for sale. I bought it a few months ago but have decided I don't need it. It has a heated rear screen and is in generally good order throughout, but the headlining was poor so I have removed it. New headlining material is easy to get and straightforward to fit. There is a lot of choice of material and depending on how you decide to do it, the material will cost around £20-£30, unless you want something really fancy!

It has the handles and front fixings for the top windscreen surround, but not the rear fixings for inside the car. If you don't already have them, they are around £15 pair from Martin Robey.

I would like £375, which is what I paid for it when it didn't have the handles.

PM me if you interested or have any questions.

Andy
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
kees

Re: Jensen-Healey Lenham Hard Top

Post by kees »

You do not need fixings at the rear as is the case with the original hard top.
The Lenham top has cut outs in the lower flange below the rear screen around the brackets on the rear deck. The top is held down by the two long bolts on the side only, that fit in the T-pieces fixed to the same mounting points as the soft top, plus of course the handles on the top rail of the windscreen.
The long bolts plus wing nuts are available in most hardware shops or can be easily made up. The T-brackets are available from the usual suspects or can be made up by any competent welder.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Andy Hamblin

Re: Jensen-Healey Lenham Hard Top

Post by Andy Hamblin »

Thanks for clarifying Kees. When I mentioned the rear fixings at £15 per pair from Robey's, these are the T brackets that you refer to. They are mounted directly above the seat belt inertia reels. As you say, the Lenham top does not have fixings for the rear deck.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012

Return to “Parts For Sale”