Jensen-Healey 4 speed gearbox with Overdrive for sale

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Andy Hamblin

Jensen-Healey 4 speed gearbox with Overdrive for sale

Post by Andy Hamblin »

I thought I'd post an ad that I will put up on ebay shortly, just in case any members are interested. Intended to start the bidding at £250. Contact me via PM if you are interested.

here is the copy from the ad:

Jensen Healey 4 speed gearbox and overdrive. Both working well, just removed from car.

This auction is for a Jensen Healey 4 speed gearbox complete with Laycock overdrive. The overdrive operates on 3rd and 4th gears.

Jensen never offered an overdrive option for the Healey from the factory, but many owners fitted them aftermarket. It was a sensible and straightforward upgrade because the gearbox is from the Rootes group and both box and overdrive were used together in the Sunbeam Rapier & Alpine models, possibly other Rootes cars as well.

The overdrive makes a lot of sense and does make a big difference to the driving experience at higher speeds.

The gearbox is running well with no known faults, gearshifts are smooth and positive, it does not jump out of gear and there are no untoward noises that I am aware of.

The overdrive engages and disengages smoothly and again has no issues that I am aware of.

These are only available because I’m having a 2.2 litre 907 built for the car and will convert to a 5 speed box when it is installed.

The engine, gearbox and overdrive were all removed from the car last weekend and had been running very well up to their removal. In the year I have had the car, nothing has given any trouble whatsoever.

The gearbox and overdrive can be viewed by prior arrangement the Oxford area, just let me know if you would like to see them.

The Lotus 907 Mk1 engine is also available separately and is similarly in very good working order. If you would be interested in the engine/box/overdrive , let me know.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
ChrisL

Re: Jensen-Healey 4 speed gearbox with Overdrive for sale

Post by ChrisL »

Hi Andy

Just sent you a PM
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia