J-H 4-Speed Axle for Sale

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
NigelK

J-H 4-Speed Axle for Sale

Post by NigelK »

Dear Forum Users

I have just finished refurbishing a 4-speed axle, which I bought 18 months ago from a chap in Bristol who was scrapping a 4-speed J-H. At the time I was having the engine and gearbox upgraded on my GT. I was not sure whether the stock 5-speed axle cwp ratio would match the ratios of the Toyota W58 gearbox but, as it turns out, the ratios are fine so I am selling the 4-speed axle. It has the Lockheed drum brakes fitted. This is what I've done to the axle since I bought it:

1. Stripped the old paint off the axle, backing plates and brake drums to bare metal and repainted with POR15 (high temperature variety on the drums)
2. Replaced the pinion oil seal
3. Replaced the diff plate, oil filler plug, and wheel cylinder gaskets
4. Made and fitted new gaskets for the hub retainer plates
5. Installed new wheel cylinders
6. Refurbished the drum brake self-adjuster mechanisms (which now actually work)
7. Installed relined brake shoes
8. Installed new metalastic rear upper trailing arm bushings
9. Flushed the diff casing with petrol and refilled with Castrol Classic EP90 diff oil
10. Fitted new rubber handbrake lever boots and self-adjuster access hole plugs

I have not replaced any of the bearings, but when I had the axle apart they were all smooth with no roughness. Here are some pictures.

I am seeking offers in the order of ?250. The axle is currently at Paul Lewis' workshop in Chippenham Wiltshire. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Best wishes,
Nigel
Last edited by NigelK on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
NigelK

Re: J-H 4-Speed Axle for Sale

Post by NigelK »

Now sold...
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484

Return to “Parts For Sale”