Mechanic or garage in london

See inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events, etc.
gladstonematt

Mechanic or garage in london

Post by gladstonematt »

Does anyone know of a good mechanic or a garage in London who can do simple work on a c-V8? The main thing is to tweak the front wheel tracking, but other things may be good in dues course...
Thanks
Matt
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Re: Mechanic or garage in london

Post by DaveT »

contact Dave Barnett (aka FFDave on the forum).

You will not find anyone better, although you might find someone slightly nearer (he is in Hornchurch) or available sooner.
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
gladstonematt

Post by gladstonematt »

Thanks!
facel

Post by facel »

where in London are you ? I am Central and have several to recommend.
Martin
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

For a reliable Service or repair on my Interceptor or 541 I have been using Terry Harris in Kilburn/Queens Park for the last 10 years.

He has been the go-to mechanic for about half the 100 Gordon Keeble's over the last 25 years and builds new chassis' for them and for short circuit race cars for which he is also a noted V8 engine builder/tuner. If you visit him he might have anything from Cobra's to a 541 in for restoration. I have sent many Interceptor owners to him and he tackles all jobs with an expert finish - even fixing convertible hoods. He rebuilt my Mopar 383 engine when the cam (which a previous idiot had installed with 2 washers, one of which after some years had pulled through the other blowing the engine) and it now produces a very handy 340 bhp at the rear wheels for the price of a cam and carb change.

Terry J Harris - Automotive Engineers

Address: Canterbury Works, Canterbury Road
Postcode: NW6 5ST
City/Town: London ( near both Queens Park & Kilburn Park tube stations and Kilburn High Road)

Main phone: 020 7328 5337

For body work, next door to Terry is a great bodyshop called Sovereign Auto Centre run by an ex F1 body man named Mossi - Tel: 0207 6246420
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London
facel

Post by facel »

Yes I agree, Terry has looked at mine recently and did a sterling job. Such a nice man and still hasn't sent me the bill weeks later despite my urging. Seems an all round good egg.

Return to “London Central, Northwest & North”