Visit to Private motor museum near Guildford

See inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events, etc.
ChrisG

Visit to Private motor museum near Guildford

Post by ChrisG »

Invitation to view private classic car collection in Surrey

On New Year’s day I went to the Brooklands Open day with a couple of chums and had a great time among hundreds of great cars and the static museum displays of both cars, memorabilia and aircraft for about 5 hours. We got talking to the owner of a 4.5L V12 Lagonda in fantastic condition and which I understood he still races. It turned out he has about 35 cars on private display and said he'd not yet had the Jensen club down for a viewing. Their place is in the Guildford area of Surrey.

The cars include:

'55 Mercedes Gullwing ( 2011 Pebble Beach competitor)
4 Lagondas '33-'39
SS100 & SS1 Tourer
Lamborghini Miura, Countach & 400GT
430 Ferrari etc

He has since emailed and invited us down for a day in April "“ probably the 21st or 22nd (Saturday or Sunday); they can accommodate several hundred cars in his paddocks so no problems with numbers - if we only have a small number of takers he'll probably invite another club to share the day with us. The guy is Robert Lewis and his wife Tanya and they'll provide tea/coffee and biscuits - we need to raise a contribution to "Help for heroes" so perhaps xxx£10 per car might be about right.

Could those members interested in this event please signify your interest within the next week.
ChrisG
new Area Coordinator
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London
ChrisG

Visit date confirmed

Post by ChrisG »

The date is now confirmed as Sunday 22nd April 2012. We are asked to arrive between 11.15 and 11.30 am.
we still have some places left so let me know of your interest in the next month.
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London

Return to “London Central, Northwest & North”