July - Tim Towne's 1974 Interceptor III with EFi conversion

Cars of the Month for 2011
Keith

July - Tim Towne's 1974 Interceptor III with EFi conversion

Post by Keith »

As seen in the last magazine, here is Tim Towne's terrific Interceptor Mk III with the F&B six barrel MPI intake with FAST EZ management system.

RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

The mutts nuts :D
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

Looks brilliant.

Regards,

Richard
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
Julian

Post by Julian »

Very. Very nice.
Tim Towne

Post by Tim Towne »

I am humbled by your comments. I read the articles about all the events in the UK and wish I could transplant for a year with car (and family :D ) to show at all the places I read about. Toast to all of you for I look at detail of the pictures of your cars as a challenge to improve my own.

The new EFI has highlighted other weak areas of my car that I now am tackling one issue at a time. Hopefully, I can write another brief note prior to the next JOC magazine release for a progress report. The big job is sorting the ignition system nuts to bolts identifying and repairing weak links.

Thanks
1974 Interceptor Saloon 2211-1396
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Phhwoooaaaarrr!!!
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
1974 Interceptor MKIII
2210/9363

azenis

Post by azenis »

Tim I am looking to EFI my car and would love to have a chat withbyou about your set up if I may?
Nigel Honey
Hobart, Australia
Interceptor 3 128/4633
Australian Jensen Forum
Tim Towne

Post by Tim Towne »

Telephone is difficult due to time difference. Shall we have an open discussion here or would you like to PM? I only have good things to say. The local Jensen Owners and MOPAR Club are amazed at the speed, horse power and response. Feel free to also email me...I have published this email address before in the JOC mag so don't have any issues with questions coming to it. I have already answered questions for a Canadian Brother and a Brit in the US. ttowne@sbcglobal.net
Tim Towne

Post by Tim Towne »

To expand briefly - although it is not a brief expansion - I followed up the EFI with a few more alterations to improve performance and functionality. The changes resulted in an opportunity to do a bit more tidying under the bonnet. The MSD coil already added was complimented by the MSD ignition Bruce Bridges suggested, as well as, an MSD distributor. It starts like a new car and runs very smooth.

Interestingly, I had it at a function in Sacramento this weekend with temperatures in the mid 90s F. Normally it would have run very hot and it climbed slightly above the middle of the gauge. No concern but I arrived at my destination and opened the bonnet to show a few friends the EFI and one of my fans had failed. Before the EFI and headers, this would have been a disaster for driving in the hot weather but I spent some time cruising slowly and drove home without over-heating on a single fan. The fan motor is fine so my next project is to trace that down. Below are some pictures of the engine bay now.

As you can see from the last picture, I also have taken a few liberties with badging. That is my Homage to a "real" SP.

Return to “2011 Archive”