Tatton Park

The North West is looked after by David Manock, Dave Robins and Steve Raines (Admin)
Cumbria is currently being looked after by David Manock
AlistairT

Tatton Park

Post by AlistairT »

Well Tatton looks like the next show to attend, I’m booked in for Saturday, what days are others doing?
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
DavidM

Re: Tatton Park

Post by DavidM »

I am going on Sunday, KLL 920N now running after the fire, although it hasn't been on the road yet. Don't know what 'down the road are doing.

David
DPP

Post by DPP »

Fire Dave, I hope everything is ok.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hello Dave,

At the time, 27 June, we were preparing to go to the Burnley show. Started the car, rolled it out of the unit and next thing flames coming through the bonnet louvres. Shut the engine down, opened the bonnet and eventually put fire out. The main damage was to the air cleaner, but the biggest headache was the extinguisher powder. All over the engine bay and body work as well.

The issue was obviously fuel but from where!!!. On inspection the braid on the fuel hose was peeled back and the connection to the carb was cracked, suspect revealed.
Dennis, who has done work for Andy and Teresa, as well as me, recommended ordering a new wiring harness, new fuel line etc. These and other items are now fitted. The biggest headache has been the clean up, HORRENDOUS.

We are getting back to near normal and looking forward to Tatton, will give the old girl a run out prior to going.

I hope everything is good with you 'down South West', you certainly seem to be keeping busy!

regards

David
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Wow! Sounds like you had a lucky escape there. Glad to hear though you're getting back sorted again.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
DPP

Post by DPP »

A lucky escape Dave, a friend of mine had a similar incident and there was nothing left of his car a couple of minutes later.

At least you were able to save it, make sure new fuel lines are ethanol proof as ive seen some cheap stuff go bad in a year. I buy 100% ethanol proof fuel lines from car builder solutions.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Weather forecast for the weekend looks pants for Cheshire. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it clears for Saturday and Sunday..
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R

Return to “North West & Cumbria Area”