Drive it day

The North West is looked after by David Manock, Dave Robins and Steve Raines (Admin)
Cumbria is currently being looked after by David Manock
AlistairT

Drive it day

Post by AlistairT »

Checked out my driving book regarding a run out to the Lake District but they seem to far away and would take most of the day. I’ve found out that the Lancashire car club are having a drive starting at Blackburn rugby club and going out to Hebden Bridge and returning via Belmont. ? I can only see a few cars attending as mine, Steve’s, Craig’s Jensen’s won’t be back on the road by then,It’s a local run so should be ideal for north west members to attend.. if you google drive it day event’s 2020 it will come up and give you the information needed. As there will probably be only 4-5 car’s available it might be a good to meet up with the Lancs car club this year and plan something bigger next year when there will be more of us ..
What do you think??
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
AlistairT

Re: Drive it day

Post by AlistairT »

Looks like there is a fee for this event which I didn’t notice, might be okay for a back up plan ..
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Looks like the most likely route is Plan A, destination Harworth for lunch, then back through Colne. We have done this before when meeting the English Wheel man Andy
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Hi there, went over to Haworth last week with a mate to drop some parts off at a soda blasting company in the same unit as Andy, there was major road works and divisions in place on the road to Oxenhope..we are due to pick them up this week so I’ll try and find out how long they will be going on for ..
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

From what I’m reading via magazines , on line and federation vehicle club is that drive it day is cancelled this year? Anyone got different information??
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
SRS2000

Post by SRS2000 »

Hi Alistair and all, I wouldn't think its advisable to go ahead with Drive IT day given whats going on. In the normal course of events sure public get a buzz from seeing the old cars out and about but not on this occasion, guess it would only result in negative thoughts. Best we follow the words of the PM and stay home. Cheers
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)

Return to “North West & Cumbria Area”