April meeting on Drive it Day

The North West is looked after by David Manock, Dave Robins and Steve Raines (Admin)
Cumbria is currently being looked after by David Manock
DPP

April meeting on Drive it Day

Post by DPP »

Hi All
A couple of members have asked if we could go for a drive, so what better day than “drive it day” on Sunday the 24th of April.

We will meet at The Romper for a hearty breakfast at 10am and then proceed to Wales where we will drive the beautifully scenic and challenging drivers route "The Evo Triangle”. For those not aware of this route it is regarded as one of the best driving experiences in the country and has featured on many Top Gear test drives and is made up of 3 roads which make a triangle.

We will provide notes at The Romper on the day with instructions including a suggested route with sat nav postcodes and individuals can decide what pace they want to drive at and this will also mean that people wont be bothered about driving in a convoy and getting split up, although you may want to arrange with others to drive in a convoy the choice is yours.

There will be suggested stops along the way where you can get a snack or catch up with others.

Further details with approximate mileages will be sent out early February once things have been finalised.

We will hopefully be posting details of another great event in May soon that Dave Robins has been working hard on.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
SRS2000

Re: April meeting on Drive it Day

Post by SRS2000 »

Sounds like a great day out, hopefully get the Genghis put back together in some way shape and form for then. Regards to all
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)
DPP

Re: April meeting on Drive it Day

Post by DPP »

As the weather was good yesterday we did a trial run of the proposed Evo Triangle route that we will be using on Drive It Day, Sunday the 24th of April.

We plan to meet at The Romper at the slightly earlier time of 9:30am for breakfast before setting out for the day.
The route is 151 miles starting at The Romper and finishing at Lymm Services and took 3 hrs 34 minutes to complete plus any stops you may make.
There are a couple of meeting points along the way with good parking and refreshments available.

If you are not on the current email list please PM me with your email address and I will add you it and send a PDF of the route with maps and notes .

Anybody who did not get the email who used to be on the list please also send me your email address as I seem to have lost a couple and am not sure which ones.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430

Return to “North West & Cumbria Area”