FF mk.1 in sweden

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
c.jensen

FF mk.1 in sweden

Post by c.jensen »

Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

A nice mod with the Mark II seats & door panels... I bet its comfyer round corners..

how much does that convert to?
1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284
bigkhs

Post by bigkhs »

175,000.00 Swedish kronor = 15,694.24 British pounds sterling

Exchange rate: 0.089681
Rate valid as of: 27/1/2009

Hows that!

Hah! just noticed this is my 100th post do I get a coloured star like on eBay?????
123/4101 INTERCEPTOR II MEMBERSHIP NO. 7624
"I LOVE HAVING A BIG EIGHT UP FRONT"
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

bigkhs wrote:Hah! just noticed this is my 100th post do I get a coloured star like on eBay?????
No, you won't - imagine these hundred stars that Wallace would have.

No space for comments left ... just blinking Schnick-Schnack
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
JonathanL

Post by JonathanL »

Kieron wrote:A nice mod with the Mark II seats & door panels... I bet its comfyer round corners..

Is this car correct or has it had later seats installed, do you think?

Actually, I'm just looking at the pictures and, is it me, or have the words "Jensen FF" been painted on where the badge should be? The lettering appears to be the same colour as the coaching stripes.
Former owner;
Interceptor II JMY 143K - 123/4228

Owner;
Two VW Phaetons; 2007 LWB 4.2V8 and 2003 SWB W12 4-seater - it's the car in the Top Gear studio https://vimeo.com/166475531
Per

Post by Per »

JonathanL wrote:
Kieron wrote:A nice mod with the Mark II seats & door panels... I bet its comfyer round corners..

Actually, I'm just looking at the pictures and, is it me, or have the words "Jensen FF" been painted on where the badge should be? The lettering appears to be the same colour as the coaching stripes.
I'd say it is a genuine Mk.1 with Mk.II seats and door panels, look at the dash. And the overriders have simply been removed. The rear badges look like they are copper plated. Maybe they got to be so grotty the owner resorted to a cheap home fix: Copper plating? The final steps of nickel and chrome just skipped .... Mildewed leather, dash panels modified (e.g. no heater adjustment, no wood, wires hanging here there everywhere.... The Maxaret brake servo (FF only) missing or at least not in the car.

All in all a wildly overpriced car in need of total resto.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
JonathanL

Post by JonathanL »

ff053 wrote:
JonathanL wrote:

I'd say it is a genuine Mk.1 with Mk.II seats and door panels, look at the dash. And the overriders have simply been removed. The rear badges look like they are copper plated. Maybe they got to be so grotty the owner resorted to a cheap home fix: Copper plating? The final steps of nickel and chrome just skipped .... Mildewed leather, dash panels modified (e.g. no heater adjustment, no wood, wires hanging here there everywhere.... The Maxaret brake servo (FF only) missing or at least not in the car.

The reason I ask is because I wonder if it's a late MKI with some MKII bits fitted to it when it was new. It would make sense as it's a '69, the year the MKII's started but I don't know if the factory ever did that.

The car certainly needs things doing to it but I'm not so sure that it needs a total restoration. From the looks of it it's had a fairly good paint job in the not too distant past so it's a fair bet that it's been reasonably well looked after. However, it's obviously not moved for several years so who knows what problems it's hiding. I agree that it's very overpriced though.

Edit; I've just noticed that the rear lights are wrong as well.

Another edit; there is no boot release that a MKI should have. Also, no space for a radio. Is this maybe a MkII that has had a MkI dash fitted???
Former owner;

Owner;
Two VW Phaetons; 2007 LWB 4.2V8 and 2003 SWB W12 4-seater - it's the car in the Top Gear studio https://vimeo.com/166475531
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

Right behind the air cleaner on the firewall, isn't that the MK.1 heater blower motor? :roll:
Robert Jonsson #430
http://jensensverige.blogspot.com/
FF 119/156
FF 119/084
Interceptor 115/3247
Range Rover -76
Imperial LeBaron -58
Mercedes Benz AMG ML63 -07
Ford Transit 120 -82
VW Golf Syncro -90
Per

Post by Per »

JonathanL wrote:
ff053 wrote:
JonathanL wrote: Is this car correct or has it had later seats installed, do you think?

The reason I ask is because I wonder if it's a late MKI with some MKII bits fitted to it when it was new. It would make sense as it's a '69, the year the MKII's started but I don't know if the factory ever did that.

The car certainly needs things doing to it but I'm not so sure that it needs a total restoration. From the looks of it it's had a fairly good paint job in the not too distant past so it's a fair bet that it's been reasonably well looked after. However, it's obviously not moved for several years so who knows what problems it's hiding. I agree that it's very overpriced though.

Edit; I've just noticed that the rear lights are wrong as well.

Another edit; there is no boot release that a MKI should have. Also, no space for a radio. Is this maybe a MkII that has had a MkI dash fitted???

The later rear lamps are a "common" mod. Blanking off the Mk. I boot release isn't unknown either. The space for the radio is there, just partially blanked off. Robert's observation of the Mk.I ventilation fan motor is correct too. Although I agree that it looks like the bodywork is good I wouldn't bet on it. Judging by the bodges to be seen if any bodywork has been done it may be of a questionable quality.
Per
JonathanL

Post by JonathanL »

Blanking off the Mk. I boot release isn't unknown either.
How would you open the boot then?
Former owner;

Owner;
Per

Post by Per »

JonathanL wrote:
Blanking off the Mk. I boot release isn't unknown either.
How would you open the boot then?
I've seen two variations on the theme: A modified XJ-S boot lock turned upside down (i.e. the "hoop" on the lid and the solenoid operated lock replacing the original lock), and a simpler one where a late Mk. I type bonnet release cable is fitted at the base of the rear seat. I have been thinking about that one myself for the FF as it's being used mainly in the winter. But it being garaged at all times I haven't found it worthwhile. The alternative of fitting a solenoid to the existing lock may work, but I suspect the solenoid would have to be rather hefty.
Per
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

He has put in new photos of the car now!
All cleaned up and nice!
Robert Jonsson #430
FF 119/156
FF 119/084
Interceptor 115/3247
Range Rover -76
Imperial LeBaron -58
Ford Transit 120 -82
VW Golf Syncro -90
Per

Post by Per »

The rear looks good, hatch at least look right. But the bonnet is odd: It doesn't look like it has the normal frame, and have some home made hinges? Is it a glass fibre bonnet, or one "repaired" with lots of glassfibre? :?: The wheels are Wolfrace period pieces and a popular fitment at the time.
Per
Jonsson

Post by Jonsson »

It's a glass fibre bonnet!
I've been talking to the owner 3 or 4 times about the car to find out more about it.
It's a early FF MK.1 -68 wrongfully registered as a -69, It's got the early type of steering rack, Cam Gears. The owner before him put the c-pillar vents on it when he fixed the body and repainted it.
Robert Jonsson #430
FF 119/156
FF 119/084
Interceptor 115/3247
Range Rover -76
Imperial LeBaron -58
Ford Transit 120 -82
VW Golf Syncro -90
Per

Post by Per »

Jonsson wrote:
It's a early FF MK.1 -68 wrongfully registered as a -69, It's got the early type of steering rack, Cam Gears. The owner before him put the c-pillar vents on it when he fixed the body and repainted it.
The CamGears rack is good, better in my experience (driving wise) than the Adwest. Vents: The wheelchair bound guy in London (Medway Interceptors? I met him around 1980) did that to several Interceptors / FFs.
Per

Return to “Cars For Sale”