Eric´s CV8 MkII for sale?????!!!!!!.......

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Mathias

Eric´s CV8 MkII for sale?????!!!!!!.......

Post by Mathias »

................or just tempting the market???

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/36370

Eric, why??????

Mathias :cry:
Jensen CV-8 Mk II
#104/2209
ericthered

Post by ericthered »

hi Mathias,

last year my wife and i put our house up for sale with the intention of buying a smallholding in Scotland and going "self sufficient", but the house did not sell. :(
now that the house market has gone flat and prices are dropping we have took it off the market and it looked like getting a smallholding was not going to happen, but we have found out that a local farmer would be interested in selling some land that we have had our eyes on for a lot of years (almost 18!).
we dont want to get a mortgage or borrow the money as it took 18 years to pay off the one we had so the only way to get the money is to sell something, the Jensen is the only thing i have left to sell (i sold my other toys to pay off the mortgage 2 years ago, lol). :roll:
the farmer is in no rush to sell and the land is not on the open market so i am in no rush to sell either, i am still using the CV-8 to go to shows etc and will till it sells, if it does not sell thats no problem its just fate and the car will stay with me. :)
my common sense says sell it for the land (and my wife says too) but my heart says keep it. :?
if it does sell whoever buys it will be getting a great car at a VERY fair price, if a dealer had the car i dread to think what they would be selling it for xxx£xxx£xxx£xxx£xxx£xxx£. :shock:

someone asked me if i was selling it due to fuel prices being so high, well to me thats just a small issue as the car does not get much use (not because i have loads of spare cash! LOL wish i did!), but i think the fuel situation will get sorted out with alternative fuels on offer very soon.
even if the fuel situation does not improve in the UK and i still own the car i might convert to home made ethanol, its a really easy conversion for the car and you can make a still for about xxx£60 and make ethanol for about a pound a gallon! i have another car that i will be converting at the end of the year once i get my still made. :wink:

by the way, did you get your stainless steel bumpers?

just going to wait and see what happens with regard to selling, its only on that one website at the moment and this pleases the wife! LOL. :wink:

best wishes,
Eric
MK2 CV-8 104/2098
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Hi Eric,

you´ve got an e-mail!

Mathias
Jensen CV-8 Mk II
#104/2209
ericthered

Post by ericthered »

hi Mathias,

sorry i got no email?

try sending it too eric.thered@tiscali.co.uk

best wishes,
Eric.
MK2 CV-8 104/2098
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Hi Eric,

2nd try, the attachments were about 9 MB, I splitted it up into three (!) separate mails............................. :)

Best to you, Mathias
Jensen CV-8 Mk II
#104/2209
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

oh dear, after all, I did it! :lol:

Got them?
Jensen CV-8 Mk II
#104/2209
ericthered

Post by ericthered »

hi Mathias,

just got them!

your car looks absolutely beautiful!

best wishes,
Eric.
MK2 CV-8 104/2098
Big Fella

Post by Big Fella »

eric

Did you sell it or take it off the market?
ericthered

Post by ericthered »

hi,

i am afraid i sold the Jensen just the other week, its not gone yet but all paid for so its no longer mine :(

it will be a sad day for me when it does drive away, just hope i dont regret it too much.

best wishes,
Eric.
MK2 CV-8 104/2098
Big Fella

Post by Big Fella »

Hope its going to a good home.

I also hope there is another good CV8 out there when I finally get the house finished and can start looking seriously myself

Return to “Cars For Sale”