C-V8 MkIII 1966 for sale [Sold]

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
mojo

C-V8 MkIII 1966 for sale [Sold]

Post by mojo »

Impending loss of use of the garage that it's in means that I'm preparing to sell the C-V8 that I've owned for 25 years.

The car is a 1966 Mk III in black with black leather and walnut dash. The car was owned and restored by a well-known JOC club member in the early 90's. I've owned it since '97, and it has been stored in a dry garage since then. I ran the car for about 6 years and then took it off the road in around 2003 to replace the front suspension bushes, but (as often happens) I ended up doing a lot more to it, and it took a lot longer than expected (in fact it has only recently been put back on the road, after 19 years!). During its time off the road it has had a lot of work done, including pretty much a complete front suspension and full brake system rebuild.

Here are a few photos of the car, taken last week. It's not very well prepared yet, so for example it hasn't been polished and I haven't put the hub caps back on yet:

I've done a lot of work on it during the last few years, and it's fully running again now. Even though it's MOT exempt, it has a fresh MOT (no advisories).

I won't know a realistic value for it until one of the classic car auction houses comes to value it next week, and then if I've had no interest here I'll enter it for auction (despite what this forum's kenny has to say about auctioned vehicles...). For anyone considering - it's obviously in both our interests not to have an auction house take their wedge out of the deal if we can sort something out before it is entered!

If you want any more info, please send me a PM and I'll give you a more detailed summary of the history and what's been done to the car recently. Thanks!
Last edited by mojo on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mojo

Re: C-V8 MkIII 1966 for sale

Post by mojo »

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in the car via PM. I can now confirm that the car has been sold.

Return to “Cars For Sale”