Lovely 1972 Mk3 Int for sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Lovely 1972 Mk3 Int for sale

Post by Peter Rothery »

Very well known and extremely nice example for sale from a respected member of the JOC community. I can't believe it......:-(.

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/ ... iii-nd0o2n
Attachments
jig383.jpg
jig383.jpg (79.14 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
nrb993

Re: Lovely 1972 Mk3 Int for sale

Post by nrb993 »

This is a really beautiful looking Jensen. I really hope that underneath the paint and the body is clean metal.

The advert says all is done - I hope this includes the CAM timing chain and all safety upgrades to fuel pipes and water cooling pipework. The attached paperwork mentions many more items done than in the advert - This wants to be highlighted as a buyer would be very happy with these items being replaced.

No mention of Brake master cylinder overhaul or replacement - A very critical item when you need to stop. Plus now 50 years old all brakes pipes should have been replaced.

- GOOD NEWS - found brake master cylinder in the attached invoices and hopefully brake pipes done too.

Let us know so these can be noted and added to the advert

I really wish the seller finds a good buyer; a great deal of time and money has been spent hopefully all wisely.

A NOTE: The wheel centres should be red as blue is for SP, MK1 and FF

also; tyres will need changing before driving off into the sun as the P4000 is getting old now and these are 2010 tyres, now 12 years old.

cheers
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

A very nicely presented car IMO. Sensible upgrades done without taking from the original feel. The blue wheel centers most likely were chosen because they match the car better than the correct red ones. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Hi Guys,

Yes indeed this is my beloved Interceptor up for sale.

Firstly to answer 'slotcarone' & 'nrb993'. Yes I am aware that the centres are blue, they look so much better in my own opinion.

Also the timing chain has been done. Along with all new panels Its in the photographic album & receipts but I could only post so many on C & C.

So why am I selling my beloved Jensen.
I've owned 128/4451 since June 2010 and its really been a rollercoaster ride from the start. I've covered around 14,000 miles and met great friends and had alot of fun along the way. At 55 and being self employed as is my long suffering wife , its time for a change. I dont actually own a everyday car , only 2 very nice vans. Any trip out has to be in our 5 seater VW van and without space for a 4th vehicle its time for a change. I know people who store their classics nearby and say they will regularly use them , and it just doesnt happen.

I know there will be times when I will regret the sale, but i've 'scratched my itch' and after owning my childhood dream I cant think of another classic I would want to own. Maybe in the future once retired I'll get the bug back and classic ownership will again be for me.

For now I can look back at the memories of many great events & tours attended throughout the UK and the friends that will remain that long into the future..

John Pym (Pymmie)
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Good luck John. You'll be missed, but hopefully the friendships will stay on.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

John, it’s a shame to hear you are selling.

From your post I understand you reasons.

Have been on some fantastic south west tours you have organised.

I’m sure your input towards club events will be missed.

All the best with the sale.

Eddie
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Pymmie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:15 pm Hi Guys,

Yes indeed this is my beloved Interceptor up for sale.

Firstly to answer 'slotcarone' & 'nrb993'. Yes I am aware that the centres are blue, they look so much better in my own opinion.

Also the timing chain has been done. Along with all new panels Its in the photographic album & receipts but I could only post so many on C & C.

So why am I selling my beloved Jensen.
I've owned 128/4451 since June 2010 and its really been a rollercoaster ride from the start. I've covered around 14,000 miles and met great friends and had alot of fun along the way. At 55 and being self employed as is my long suffering wife , its time for a change. I dont actually own a everyday car , only 2 very nice vans. Any trip out has to be in our 5 seater VW van and without space for a 4th vehicle its time for a change. I know people who store their classics nearby and say they will regularly use them , and it just doesnt happen.

I know there will be times when I will regret the sale, but i've 'scratched my itch' and after owning my childhood dream I cant think of another classic I would want to own. Maybe in the future once retired I'll get the bug back and classic ownership will again be for me.

For now I can look back at the memories of many great events & tours attended throughout the UK and the friends that will remain that long into the future..

John Pym (Pymmie)
That's a shame John but totally understandable the memories will always be there with you..

It must have been a hard decision to come too..

What ever the future holds for you car wise, I hope you get as much enjoyment
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
DPP

Post by DPP »

For anybody wanting a well sorted car and not some of the usual tarted up rubbish in auctions that need huge amounts of work this is a solid car that goes as well as it looks.

I had the car on my ramp for an inspection a couple of years ago and the car was in great shape, I then took the car for a test drive as John wanted to know how it performed compared to similar cars and it performed every bit as good as a well sorted car should.
A regularly used car like this is a lot better to own than a lower mileage car that is hardly used.

Good luck with the sale but a sad loss to the Jensen community.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

nrb993 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:57 pm This is a really beautiful looking Jensen. I really hope that underneath the paint and the body is clean metal.

The advert says all is done - I hope this includes the CAM timing chain and all safety upgrades to fuel pipes and water cooling pipework. The attached paperwork mentions many more items done than in the advert - This wants to be highlighted as a buyer would be very happy with these items being replaced.

cheers
Neil
Just found the receipt for Cam & Timing Chain Etc.

Think I’ll add these to the photos if possible.

Also , yes all bake pipes changed & Goodridge Hoses fitted front & rear ..

All water hoses changed as well as oil pipes ..

John P
Attachments
97B403A0-D0D6-4E49-A32C-3F8BC60BA268.jpeg
97B403A0-D0D6-4E49-A32C-3F8BC60BA268.jpeg (85.34 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

You were also billed 1p for 1x " .... "
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Hard to imagine a finer combination of show and go than this car offers.

Which is why it's always been my "members choice" at internationals.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

:shock: :(
But who is going to arrange another great Devon / Cornwall jaunt???
Great memories and hopefully, you'll stay in touch and / or remain a member of the JOC 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Yep- very sad we really enjoyed the jaunts which were special.
The people were great too.
Don’t lose touch.
All the best

Sue and John
johnw

Post by johnw »

It is such a stunning looking car and I hope you have a high reserve on there otherwise we could all get stuffed market price wise if something goes wrong with the auction site at the last minute!

Thanks for putting Jensen and the gorgeous bubbly 383 motor, along with the timeless, luxurious MK3 coachwork in the spotlight. The 383 revs so nice and willingly when pushed hard, it is a real joy that was being overlooked, even an SP is not quite the same. It makes me wonder what you can top this with if you fancy a second dib with a Jensen at some point. Hopefully all those 100 or so 383 MK3's you have been carefully tracking will be cherished even more.

The recent TV and calendar appearances topped it off for many online it seems as your car's pictures get shared a lot. The first Interceptor I saw as an adult was a light metallic blue Mk3, Sundym glass, wheels and chrome all perfect, but unlike this, sheepskin inserts. It was parked in Pinner High Street in 1995, near Cafe Rouge. The image of that car just burned into my head and I bought my first Jensen within the year.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

New rule: you can't sell your car unless you've done at least three of the following (with your Jensen):

- Ullapool
- Marocco or Istanbul
- seen the northern lights
- Champs Elysses at night
- Positano
- Stelvio
- German Autobahn or Nürnburgring
- what else?

Sorry!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465