Int3 at Historics auction 136- 8154 FWW 73L

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Re: Int3 at Historics auction 136- 8154 FWW 73L

Post by Peter Rothery »

Kenny38 beat me to it.....but what a lovely outlook on life you have John.

The guy has a dozen cars for sale with asking prices of over £100k. He bought the Mk1 jag after it failed to sell at Historics auction in Sept 21 for the estimated £18k to £22k...now asking £25k. He bought the Jag 420 at Brightwells in Feb for £8200 and is now asking £12950. He looks and smells like a dealer to me...but his "been in a private collection" routine wears thin after a while. He presumably offers none of the benefits of a full time trader apart from a selective p/ex and no doubt the tax authorities may take an interest in his affairs in due course.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Guy around the corner from me bought a car at Historics recently for £4250. Just seen it sold on eBay auction for £7800.

Good profit in under 3 weeks.
johnw

Post by johnw »

It is a nice car and it is hopefully properly stored now, decent storage costs money one way or the other. £1400 a year where I am for a decent garage space. For those in the know here there are alternatives :wink:

If the buyer, probably not a young bloke, who clearly relishes owning a large storage unit full of beauties, were to pop off tomorrow, the executor would be looking for a bulk purchaser, or to dump the lot at auctions with low or no reserves. Reserves set at say 15% less than purchase price. So far nothing has had to be left under a tarp. So Kenny, as an AntiTarpist yourself, isn't there a glimmer of light for the cars in his dodgy scheme somewhere?
Isn't he just providing temporary homes at cost for undervalued classics until the public come to their senses? :D :D :D
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Weeell, OK ........alright then. He does prove that auctions are for heaps of shite or occassionally a few (very few) below proper market price on auction generally because vendor was hoping for more interest or was not expecting very much in the rest of his miserable life.There are certainly guys who watch auctions and are aware of possible bargains for successful resale. Best sell a GOOD/EXCELLENT car privately or 95% of the time you will be humbled and humiliated when seeing it sold at a poor auction and later on ebay at a price you could have got. Am going for a lay down. Kenny38

Return to “Cars For Sale”