FF 258 Project at H&H auction in Dec 21

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

Re: FF 258 Project at H&H auction in Dec 21

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, Rocky. Jeezus that looks like, well, cold. Very, very cold. Today on Mid North Coast in Godzown temp was around 75F so I paid a local kid to mow my property. He wants money so will negotiate with his responsible adult standing by. Have asked Martin R. relocated here to avoid UK winter to come up here and do some work but no reply as yet. Kenny38
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Grant wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:01 am Here's a pic of when a chap was messing around with it, his son now want's to buy it back..and he's lucky as it's for sale right now, wonder if he will buy it backImage :P >>
>>
FF 127-258.jpg
It doesn't look like it was still the original magenta colour then...and had acquired the unique side marker lights and rear fog lights as well. If the sales pitch was to be believed, there was only one keeper prior to Martyn Douglas....this guy? Seems unlikely to me.

The son unfortunately probably needs access to a large cash mountain to realise his ambition.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Peter Rothery wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:37 pm It doesn't look like it was still the original magenta colour then...and had acquired the unique side marker lights and rear fog lights as well. If the sales pitch was to be believed, there was only one keeper prior to Martyn Douglas....this guy? Seems unlikely to me.

The son unfortunately probably needs access to a large cash mountain to realise his ambition.
He mentioned that the sales blurb was incorrect about 1 previous owner Peter and said as far as he knew there were 3 more, but I didn't drill him about at what point was it 3, he said his Dad sold it in 2002 I think he said and if anyone wants any info his Dad was there and ready to talk, his Dad wanted to talk about it :P ..shame he didn't see it when it was for sale recently before it was being flipped as it is now :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

I am impressed at the level of publicity this car has had online.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

I feel sure the UK tax authorities will be as interested in the Sri Lankan vendor and his business as we are in the FF. His FB site suggests he has sold at least 2 dozen cars in the last year with asking prices totaling over £300k with several more yet to be sold with asking prices nearing £100k. All from a business with declared capital and reserves in 2020 of £3k.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

The advert is now removed from Car and Classic "through sale or otherwise".
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Still on his Don Trading UK LTD facebook page as for sale at the moment...although not updated for a few weeks.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Oh look what has turned up at CCA auctions...our old friend 258 now that the last buyer has figured out that no one is stupid enough to give him a £20k profit. He might be lucky to get his investment back but hopefully not. Fingers crossed that a real enthusiastic gets to restore it properly...albeit this will probably be a money pit.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/ev ... -jensen-ff
258.jpg
258.jpg (83.22 KiB) Viewed 2146 times
Last edited by Peter Rothery on Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Interesting. That'll be auctioned at the Restoration Show at the NEC.
The JOC are doing a stand there this year for the first time since the Restoration Show moved to the NEC. We'll be able to (hopefully) have a look and see what happens.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

A good opportunity to guide those who either may not appreciate what they are looking at, know what is missing or what isn't actually from this car. Take your cheque book Chris just in case!
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Peter Rothery wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:54 pmTake your cheque book Chris just in case!
That's the one thing I'll NOT be taking!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

So Chris_R obviously did keep his cheque book to himself...not sold at a hammer price of £19000. The vendor is obviously holding out for £23k (what it cost him at the last auction) as it is available to buy now for £26450. Hmm right...good luck with that..no one wanted it at £25k when Martyn Douglas was selling it via the JOC mag. Unfortunately the Mk2 Jag that the vendor was also trying to sell didn't make reserve either...so a bad day at the office for him.

I think we will be seeing it again soon.
DPP

Post by DPP »

It was interesting to hear the auctioneer mention there were only 50 FFs left, Im not sure where they get such misinformation from, or was it to make the car sound more rare and up the bids.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
johnw

Post by johnw »

DPP wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:32 pm It was interesting to hear the auctioneer mention there were only 50 FFs left, Im not sure where they get such misinformation from, or was it to make the car sound more rare and up the bids.
Was that 50 MK2 FFs left? 50 MK2s currently taxed? They can wiggle out of almost anything.

As this seller is a wheeler dealer, he might be happy to take an easier to pass off project in exchange at this point.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Dave is right, the auctioneer said 320 made, only about 50 left. This correlates to the "how many left" website which only counts those "licensed" (presumably road taxed in the UK). This obviously misses all the cars in other countries and those off the road for other reasons. Even described as one of 50, the vendor still failed to get his £23k for the £15k car (IMHO).

Return to “Cars For Sale”