FF 258 Project at H&H auction in Dec 21

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

FF 258 Project at H&H auction in Dec 21

Post by Peter Rothery »

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/lot ... 8&pn=1&g=1
ff 258.jpg
ff 258.jpg (116.35 KiB) Viewed 4185 times
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: FF 258 Project at H&H auction in Dec 21

Post by VFK44 »

No rust in the rear valance, anyway.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

It will be interesting to see whether the quick temporary makeover with red paint and the repair (?) of the wavy roof and back panel with two rocket launcher holes in it (as was the state earlier this year) will now make this lot more appealing. My guess is it probably will!

Massive amount of work still to do. Let's hope it does get done properly and is not another victim of the likes of "Bodge it and Scarper Auto Bodyworks".
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Front valence looks odd to me, I'd also like to see photos of the chassis tubes
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

New valences required all round apart from any work to the tubes. The front grill looks like a cut down Mk2 Int grill but at least the servo and maxaret are there.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

To my inexpert eye I spy an insurance write off, that or copius amounts of rust cut out. Caerful inspection required but some thing tells me that auction result will surprise you. Do we have any history?? Kenny38
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi all

The hole for the sunroof appears to have disappeared since June 2021

Why painted the bodywork when there are still dents and repairs to complete??

I hope the car goes to an enthusiast who will restore it properly

I have no earlier information on this car - Magenta originally but note that the current owner has owned the car since 2002
That might throw up previous sale information

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 owned since September 1978
johnw

Post by johnw »

Peter Rothery wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:30 am New valences required all round apart from any work to the tubes. The front grill looks like a cut down Mk2 Int grill but at least the servo and maxaret are there.
I didn't see the Maxaret there Peter! The servo looks complete though. There is no rear propshaft fitted. Can't see a front propshaft, but most likely a diff is there as you can see an inner CV joint. We certainly need more and some better photos. They may well have fitted sections off the white rear panel they had listed with it in the ebay advert, and possibly fitted a new salvage roof. It does look like they tidied it up a lot! Giving the whole car a gloss top coat is not a bad idea for the car's sake. These projects typically get stored for years before someone starts work in earnest.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

The maxaret unit is on the transmission but John is right, the servo control (or shuttle) valve isn't in the photos and would be tricky to find if missing. The tailgate was previously described as suffering from "all the usual problems" but is now painted and sporting a mk1 piece of glass so maybe a replacement? 258 should have a two vent dash and fully fluted front seats. The drivers seat back is from a later car but hopefully the narrower passenger seat is correct for the car. The auction write up isn't complete at the moment and currently fails to mention the bonnet and bumpers which were previously mentioned as missing...another £7k to add to the restoration bill!
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

The door cards and the doors themselves also don't appear to be correct for this car. The Wilmott Breedon type sliding door locks aren't compatible with the early mercedes benz type push button locks which should be a feature of this car - see three - rather than two - mounting holes in b post. A bit of a bitsa in some respects and a nightmare jigsaw puzzle to figure out.
Last edited by Peter Rothery on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

115 pictures now posted due to popular demand (really?) showing the extent of the work required and parts to accompany the project....and an indication that a few parts are obviously missing or will need replacing.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Sold after a £20k provisional bid was accepted. That would be £23k all in.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Now on Facebook "Don Trading UK Ltd" based in Slough at £45k. I can only assume that some recreational pharmaceuticals are involved.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Peter Rothery wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:32 am I can only assume that Imagesome recreational pharmaceuticals are involved Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I would say that many of our eager restorers are putting some thing up their drpping noses. It would appear any old tat posing as a fixer upper is creeping out at the moment. Either that or when seeing "now asking 45K after paying 23K" means we in the JOC are completely out of date regarding people with some money (not for long) and their hopes and desires of a nice Jensen when "fixed". Perhaps we are all still in the 90's and getting old. Younger thrusters see value where we see only looming calamity. Bring out your nearly dead. Kenny38

Return to “Cars For Sale”