JIA Interceptor For Sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Clive Bishop

JIA Interceptor For Sale

Post by Clive Bishop »

One of JIA's Interceptors is up for sale on ebay of all places , details here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234232193361 ... tomid=link
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: JIA Interceptor For Sale

Post by VFK44 »

Very good write-up. It appears it is not a full JIA Interceptor, but an excellent condition original with a failed engine that has had a JIA mechanical upgrade. It's "ULEZ and road fund licence exempt" which could be very attractive for someone in London who wants a reliable car.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

Harry Metcalf had one of these for a few days when Hairpin had it for sale about a year or more ago, although that was a fully converted FF.

His review is alongside all his other weekly reviews / own car updates on his youtube channel, one of the better channels IMO, so I tend to watch most of them.

A potentially attractive proposition for someone London based.
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

From the pictures this has drum brakes on the rear axle!
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

The brake shoes are for the hand brake and the drum is is part of the brake disc as used on Jaguars.

Dave
johnw

Post by johnw »

I have never understood Restomod when it comes to a Jensen FF or Interceptor. A Morris Minor or Ford Pop which might have problems with underpowered engine and brakes and poor trim levels maybe. Girling disk brakes are actually great but there are bolt on upgrades spoiling you for choice today. You might argue for ABS on an Interceptor. That is about it. The cars are built with high quality systems that don't need ECUs. A 383 on points and a condenser is no problem in town. You might update fans, make changes for modern fuel, Roller lifters for modern oil. There are stroker kits with bang uptodate piston technology and novel rings, fully mapped ignition upgrades, alloy heads, that take your original engine above and beyond, and will in future take your engine further in future, than a "new" emissions strangled lump from 4 years ago with proprietary ECUs, a 6 speed computer controlled auto box, again with a propriety control system. Who needs 25 gear changes going round town trying to emulate the smoothness of a Tesla and failing? Harry and others have never had a perfect standard Interceptor or FF. Buyers just assume the cars looked nice but were junk when new not knowing better. I can more understand electric conversions, or even a Perkins diesel engine swap to run on used chip fat.

Interesting that Aston Martin in the 80s snd 90s switched to IRS then away again to a simpler setup once their power went up more. What I am saying in short is that the upgrades are locking you into a dead end, more obsolete now than updated original engines.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
DPP

Post by DPP »

I agree with Johnw I dont see the point in all these modern upgrades, when there are plenty of subtle upgrades that can be made whilst keeping the car fairly original.

This car has had a lot spent on it but is still a fraction of the price it cost to carry out the work. A car kept to the original spec would not lose this sort of money.

Give me an original car any day, but each to their own.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

But did it sell? What price if known. Kenny38
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

It doesn't seem so...based on the DVLA evidence that the number plate hasn't yet been transferred and log book re-issued.

JIA are doing the selling - presumably on behalf of the owner - so it is no doubt in their interest to keep the re-sale value of their products as high as possible. The FFR..nice as it may be....looked like a quick way for the 1st owner to lose £000's when it was sold on.
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

Peter Rothery wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 am It doesn't seem so...based on the DVLA evidence that the number plate hasn't yet been transferred and log book re-issued.

JIA are doing the selling - presumably on behalf of the owner - so it is no doubt in their interest to keep the re-sale value of their products as high as possible. The FFR..nice as it may be....looked like a quick way for the 1st owner to lose £000's when it was sold on.
I would be surprised if JIA did not attempt some level of up-selling which maybe going on and explain that.

Also, that number plate is just an Irish 'fact-lift' plate, so not worth much with the letter I suffix, but more than a 4 numbered one, which only cost £35 each when I bought some.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

JIA refer to the owner as Mr D I on their web page so maybe the number has significance rather than pure monetary "value".
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

Peter Rothery wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:51 pm JIA refer to the owner as Mr D I on their web page so maybe the number has significance rather than pure monetary "value".
OK, now I can see where you/Mr D maybe going with this, I've seen and sold registration numbers on far thinner pretexts/desires, so suspect you are right.

Return to “Cars For Sale”