Int 3 136-8853 FWX 96M at auction soon

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Int 3 136-8853 FWX 96M at auction soon

Post by Peter Rothery »

VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Int 3 136-8853 FWX 96M at auction soon

Post by VFK44 »

Not sure publishing all the key numbers is a good idea!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Why? No more here than is published on the auction website. In fact the auction website includes owners name, every bill he has ever settled for the car etc etc.

With so many cars for sale, which bit needs to be moderated out in future..registration number or chassis number...link to the auction site? Future posts might just be titled Car for sale but I can't tell you which one, where or when! Others on here have been publishing registration numbers and chassis numbers "for ever" and signatures are even encouraged with chassis numbers of the cars they own.

Am I missing the point?
Barry55

Post by Barry55 »

Peter

I fully agree with you. The link to the website provides exactly the same information as is available in the public domain. Your posts are always current, informative and I would not change a thing.

Barry
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

A misunderstanding here, Peter! I was not accusing you of publishing anything, all you did was post a link. The auction site was the one that published all the key numbers. Most people are OK with this, but some people would be aghast and want the locks changed!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

No problem. Apologies, I misunderstood the "KEY numbers" comment. I do agree there is a problem when pictures of the cubby box are published which show the key numbers etc but some don't even properly redact the credit card details shown on copy invoices. Unless any would-be thief managed to gain access to the vehicle I'm not sure the FS key numbers would actually get them beyond the cubby box or tailgate but not a good idea as you rightly say.
johnw

Post by johnw »

While you can order an FS type key online cheaply for a couple of pounds from the number from many suppliers, Torino door locks are more difficult, as the algorithm mapping numbers to key shapes is protected and still not widely available. I believe you can order cut keys from Robey. As a result I have never had to pick a Jensen lock in anger as it were, but I am sure it would be very easy with tools for sale online and videos available online on youtube. So no need to resort to force on a Jensen!

Also, if you remove the locks from parts off an unknown car (carefully picking them first to get them off if required), you can send them off to get keys done to match the lock or take them apart and make a key you have yourself fit if you are keen enough.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

I got ready-cut Torino door keys for 115/3484 from Robey’s last year. Keith Jackson there told me that JML kept 3 spare Torino keys for each Interceptor, and that Robey’s inherited the key collection from JP&S. I ordered the keys over the phone and, when I went up to collect them, Craig Robey suggested it would be easier just to give me 2 of the 3 original spare keys, if they were still in the envelope. They were, and the envelope had not been opened since 1969. I think that’s pretty cool…

Florian Krenn at Rafano in Vienna can modify Torino lock internals to match a key.

Best wishes,
Nigel
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484

Return to “Cars For Sale”