RWR 978M Int 3 at Mathewsons auction

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

RWR 978M Int 3 at Mathewsons auction

Post by Peter Rothery »

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/product/19 ... r-iii-auto
RWR 978M.png
RWR 978M.png (188.43 KiB) Viewed 2746 times
A rather frank review in the video about the apparently low oil pressure, tyres etc which might not help sell it.
nrb993

Re: RWR 978M Int 3 at Mathewsons auction

Post by nrb993 »

Really great video - Great to see a Jensen Interceptor being reviewed and yes oil pressure could be anything; easy to double check.

Overall a good looking Jensen needing some Rust TLC but only a few thousand to get this done properly.

Love the red seating

cheers
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
Craig-H

Post by Craig-H »

Very little interest and Limped to a provisional £22,500.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Still one of many other lots in the buy it now section as of today. I think I would have been tempted to take the money and run with a provisional bid of that magnitude....
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Back again for another go in October. Can't see it doing any better than last time personally...not even if you were to add a six pack and a few SP badges.
https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/product/19 ... red-in-19/
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

This a typical auction price for a Jensen 3. Looking hard at the pics I think the chrome is a bit sus. Also we didn't see the front seats. A car such as this would get around $45K at an Australian site. I think vendors only go auction when no hope of successful, private very close inspection. I have said that only poor/medium cars go to auction which gives the marque a very false average price to the punters. Prices in OZ seem to match UK prices for QUALITY cars. The last 3 S3 cars went for average of $110K and an SP 125K. So prices are very similar. Quality cars are hard to find and usually dealers have them. If at auction beware of signs that a tarp has been taken off prior to expert detailing. Was in Port Macquarie recently on club outing. A man in a sharp tight suit with large brown shoes came up and told me he owned a string of realestate offices in country towns and asked me if car was for sale. I said no but he offered me a bank transfer on the spot for $100K.Thanked him for his interest and went for a pee. Missus doesn't know. Kenny38 :shock:
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Kenny,

Mate, everything's for sale if the price is right!

Around 15 years ago, I had someone come up to me and ask if I'd sell my car. Back then, a top notch Interceptor Mk III would have gone for around $40 to $45k, so I said $50k.

I saw the same guy around 4 to 5 years ago and he said that he'd regretted not buying my car then :D

Cheers, Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, Dino. Havent seen you since an Adelaid rally. I really liked your car then even if some present sniffed that it had been "molested". Glad you didn't take the money and are you hoping to attend national Rally Blue Mountains next year if your premier will let you out? Kenny38
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Limped to £18k this time.

Return to “Cars For Sale”