The saint car and what it means for the economy

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

The saint car and what it means for the economy

Post by kenny38 »

I notice the "Saint car" has finally sold for 60K. This is the bottom end of my estimate but good to see a reasonable example with history has sold at a fair price. May i say much better than recent sales. An SP sold at Anglia for $34K. That is a low price if the car was complete and needing little fettling. I see dealers asking upwards of $50K+ for I assume very good cars. Do they sell? Recent sale here in OZ of a reasonably restored and beautifully painted S3 got $114K @ current 53.7 pence to Aus dollar you do the math.Kenny38
Mark1Stu

Re: The saint car and what it means for the economy

Post by Mark1Stu »

I know of a very nice MK3 which sold for £70k+ recently. I notice the highly original and overall exceptional low mileage MK3 advertised by Sherborne Restorations is marked as sold. It was advertised for £84,995. Good ones presented in keeping with the standard and specification they left the factory (albeit with some essential upgrades for today's conditions) seem to sell. Albeit, the pool of discerning monied buyers is a little thin - and may reflect the mixed quality of cars still out there which continues to tarnish the marque's reputation.

My opinion, others may disagree - which is their right.
kenny38

Re: The saint car and what it means for the economy

Post by kenny38 »

The problem is quite simply that many people still think a great Jensen can be got for 20K + or minus and be driven off to take part in a concours with just a little polish. Prices have gotten well ahead of the average punter's expectations for GOOD cars. We have seen a few on here. Let's hope the real money continues to buy the dealer ones. They are our poster cars. A past president of the Oz club said to me when i joined that these cars are for hobbyists only and i just hope this attitude will eventually dry up. How many Etype.AM et al owners spend their spare time repairing some knackered cars that will only ever get a reasonable price from the next fool. Kenny38

Return to “Cars For Sale”