Int 3 TradeClassics

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Craig-H

Int 3 TradeClassics

Post by Craig-H »

Hi all.
I was considering going for this https://www.tradeclassics.com/auctions/ ... rceptor-2/ but having seen the full set of newly released photographs and videos am now not so sure.
Is this condition typical of an Interceptor at this price point (guide £38 to £42k)?
Craig H
Peter Rothery

Re: Int 3 TradeClassics

Post by Peter Rothery »

No! See previous discussion "Int 3 RUF 294M on Trade Classics" on this forum. I recall bidding stalled at £32k last time.
johnw

Post by johnw »

£32K would look a bit rich at the moment! It looks like the nice looking Mk2 at Thornton le Dale didn't sell but bidding on this is still way below the £15k that was bid up to. Will be interesting to see what it makes now. Presumably that Mk2 is still available. Don't forget to look out for FFs. That Mk1 in Australia last year you commented on was a bit of a bargain. You spotted a good deal there in hindsight.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Craig-H

Post by Craig-H »

Mk2 at Matthewsons reached 17, or maybe 17.5, but I hadn’t been able to see enough of it to risk a 20k punt.
Hindsight eh, curse it.
johnw

Post by johnw »

I
Craig-H wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 pm Mk2 at Matthewsons reached 17, or maybe 17.5, but I hadn’t been able to see enough of it to risk a 20k punt.
Hindsight eh, curse it.
Maybe go for a look and take a test drive. It is still available as sold lots are marked as such, and the reserve is usually the lower of the guide price, £20k. You might still get it for somewhere between the 17.5K and 20k.
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Beautiful interior and a nice looking car but realistically there is a lot of poor quality body repair work now starting to show up on the exterior. A few years of use and I am feeling it will deteriorate rapidly. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
johnw

Post by johnw »

slotcarone wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:23 am Beautiful interior and a nice looking car but realistically there is a lot of poor quality body repair work now starting to show up on the exterior. A few years of use and I am feeling it will deteriorate rapidly. :)
So you are saying this white car is a diamond in the rough? A bit of cutting and polishing and it will be OK. On the cutting front the MOT advisory suggests floors are going but corrosion is not bad enough yet to fail. Or were you referring to the red Mk2? If fairness that could be the same story!
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

johnw wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:21 am
slotcarone wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:23 am Beautiful interior and a nice looking car but realistically there is a lot of poor quality body repair work now starting to show up on the exterior. A few years of use and I am feeling it will deteriorate rapidly. :)
So you are saying this white car is a diamond in the rough? A bit of cutting and polishing and it will be OK. On the cutting front the MOT advisory suggests floors are going but corrosion is not bad enough yet to fail. Or were you referring to the red Mk2? If fairness that could be the same story!
Actually just the opposite about the white car. Also the right front wheel arch shape is really bad as it is completely round and not flat on top like it is supposed to be as on the left side of this car. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Craig-H

Post by Craig-H »

Well I'm sort of glad it wasn't just me being too critical, but yes the white one on TradeClassics seems to have serious structural and bodywork issues.
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Craig-H wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:18 pm Hi all.
I was considering going for this https://www.tradeclassics.com/auctions/ ... rceptor-2/ but having seen the full set of newly released photographs and videos am now not so sure.
Is this condition typical of an Interceptor at this price point (guide £38 to £42k)?
Craig H
You could buy mine for £40k!😉
JOC Member 10887

Return to “Cars For Sale”