1965 Jensen CV8 THE ONE AND ONLY CONVERTIBLE

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
johnw

Re: 1965 Jensen CV8 THE ONE AND ONLY CONVERTIBLE

Post by johnw »

felixkk wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm
johnw wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:07 pm What is really interesting is that the car apparently has it's original trim and paint, and not just "painted the right colour"!
Just like the other car I mentioned
Well it seems it now has had new carpets, a complete repaint, including the leather Conollised (This used to be a service offered by the now defunct Connolley leather company that involved lacquering the seats with an air brush) :roll:. Worst thing is it was done to make it more attractive to sell. I would have to agree now with those saying it is overpriced compared to other cars available.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

That is a shame...
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Well I never! An A/M chop top (well factory produced) The A/M owes it's silly prices to the famed Bond franchise. At the time of the first Bond film Aston was either bankrupt.....what again??.....or being sold to new owner. After Jag. declined the offer to supply an Etype Aston eagerly took the dice, rolled them and hey presto great interest to bouy up a rapidly dwindling A/M audience. A/M was saved by the franchise. Over the years it seems every very rich car nut has had a go at making A/M pay it's way. The car described is intended I think for locking away by an investor IF one can be found. The car is only special BECAUSE of it's Bond connection. The DB5 was as i remember driving one around an airfield hard to stop and I kept looking for another gear to change up as it was not very quick and in my opinion was a bit clunky. In fact I had a Vauxhall Cresta 1961 and it certainly left the A/M in it's wake. I also drove a Jensen SP later and of course the difference in handling plus power convinced me that A/M was having us all on price wise. If only Jensen had found a way to make it's own engines, all they needed was a succession of rich men to lose various fortunes. Even Dagenham bailed out. The over done legend is rumoured to be profitable now and helped along by wealthy people who still have an English mindset of an England long gone. That is why probably the majority of buyers are arab who went to Eton etc. If you could float A/M on the stock market it would not be swamped by investors. The opposite. This particular car is really no more then a vastly over priced car with only a Bond film to make it a bit tasty like. If so valuable why not try auction or has that happened? I can see tears later. If given the choice and the money to buy either i would take the CV8....at least one could use it at times. I am asking myself what it would be like to experience the fantasies of some of our very likeable members....wot a trip! The very rich are different to thee and me but do you see the ultra rich (not arabs) buying silly time warp machines? This DB5 will be on POA soon at a large discount. Get in line. Kenny38
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Completely bananas, I agree. And if someone pays that price for the car will they expect it to be 25% more valuable in five or ten years time?
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch

Return to “Cars For Sale”