Wanted Jensen-Healey

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Dominic_O

Wanted Jensen-Healey

Post by Dominic_O »

Hello - I'm new to the JOC community, but can see from this Forum that you are a friendly, knowledgeable and helpful bunch!
I'm really interested in buying a Jensen Healey, and I'm looking for some help in my search. My Grandfather was Alf Vickers, MD of Jensen in the early 70s when the Healey was being developed and launched (the experience almost killed him!) I have fond memories of occasional rides in his Interceptor and one of the early J-H prototypes.
Anyway, I'm ideally hoping to find a Mk2 in reasonable condition, that can be enjoyed and used as a dry-weather fun vehicle. It doesn't need to be immaculate, but I'd like to avoid a significant project, especially one involving work to the body or chassis. This would very much be a case of the car going to a good home - in fact almost returning to a part of the family!
Please feel free to reply here or message directly at dominic@oughton.uk.com
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers, Dominic
argonauts

Re: Wanted Jensen-Healey

Post by argonauts »

Hi Dominc
There is a single ownership low miles J-H Mk2 offerred at the Brightwells auction this week, https://www.brightwells.com/classic-motoring/ or contact Andy Brooks at Appleyards or Rob Heydon the J-H register bioth on this forum.
John
Dominic_O

Post by Dominic_O »

Thanks John - I hadn't spotted that one.
Cheers, Dominic
interjen

Post by interjen »

Can't remember who owned that Healey but i know it is definitely known to the club.
Looks lovely, so pleased that GTs and Healeys are finally shedding the 'poor relation' image they has been dogged with for far too long. Such a wonderful alternative to many 2 seater roadsters of their period. Lets keep flying the flag and remind everyone that Jensen didn't just build the Interceptor.
Simon.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
WIL

Post by WIL »

Jensen-Healey at Brightwells....
presume sold to highest bid at £13,601 plus premium.

Yes, I agree they are an excellent 'alternative' to other contemporary sports cars, and becoming more appreciated.

Wil
Jensen Interceptor 111
1970 E-type Jaguar S11 2+2
Ford Cougar
Maserati Granturismo
1975 Alfa Romeo GT 1.8 (resto project.. one day!)
Morris Highwayman 1962
htfoster

Post by htfoster »

Hi Dominic - a look at the MkII I posted a short time ago might be of interest ? Henry Foster
Dominic_O

Post by Dominic_O »

Hi Everyone

I thought I should post an update on my plan to acquire a Healey - I'm delighted to say that I am now the proud owner of a black 1975 Mk2 / JH5. This was the subject of a thorough restoration project by a JOC member and was passed on to me for safe keeping by Neil Bennet (who as well as being known to most of you as the Interceptor Registrar was also, until recently, owner of a couple of JHs). Huge thanks to Neil for getting in touch, following my post on the Forum, and for handing over this lovely car in such great condition. I'll be sure to take good care of it!
20210602_135718.jpg
20210602_135718.jpg (157.98 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
No doubt I will be appearing on the 'Jensen-Healey Tech' Forum, asking dumb questions, but meanwhile a short tale from my first day's ownership, picking up my Healey from Brighton and driving it home to the Peak District...

...I'd considered getting a trailer to take the car home (270 miles!), but Neil assured me that it was more than capable of the drive under its own steam. I set off in some trepidation, as it turned out to be the hottest day of the year. My worst fears were looking like being realised, as a one-hour tailback on the M25 saw me in stop-start traffic. Surviving that with the temperature gauge intact, I encountered a further 60mins of stop-start misery on the M6. The Lotus engine behaved impeccably, and didn't miss a beat. That's more than can be said of my state-of-the-art 2021 Samsung phone which I was using for navigation - It packed up with the message - 'Phone overheating - shutting down'. So much for technological progress in the last 45 years!

Cheers, Dom
DPP

Post by DPP »

Glad you found a good car Dominic.

Its always good to get a long journey completed especially with traffic on a hot day. This will inspire much confidence to use the car.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

Congratulations on your beautiful Jensen Healey.
CV8 MK1 104/2004
CV8 MK1 104/2035
Jensen Healey 1110/14162

Return to “Cars For Sale”